• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Methylation

Hi everyone, I was tested for the MTHFR gene and it was found to be normal. Does that mean I definitely don't have problems with methylation, or are there other SNPs which can have an effect? TIA.
  2. K

Vitamin D sensitivity

Thanks, Effi!
  3. K

Vitamin D sensitivity

Thank you all for your input. I'm surprised to see that so many of you experience this. My family doctor's response to my bringing it up was "that isn't possible". There seems to be a link to calcium sensitivity too. Foods rich in calcium or calcium supplements make me feel dizzy, weak and...
  4. K

Vitamin D sensitivity

Hi, Are any of you sensitive to vitamin D supplementation? Taking more than 500 units makes me weak, dizzy, nauseous and feeling drunk. Even at this dosage, I feel tired. Is anyone familiar with this? Thanks.
  5. K

23andme and privacy

Thanks, Eeyore. I'm glad the B12 helped you. You are right about supplements being potentially harmful. Regarding the risk involved with high folate, I thought that was only true with the regular form of folic acid. Have you heard the same about methylfolate?
  6. K

23andme and privacy

Thank you all for your replies. I have been suffering from CFS for many years and am looking into anything that might give me a clue as to what might be wrong. There are methylation defects in my family and perhaps that is one of my problems as well.
  7. K

23andme and privacy

Hi, I would like to order a 23andme kit, as I understand that many of you may have. My concern is that genetic information that is tied to me can be used against me in the future . For instance, if a hacker gets hold of the information. Having genes predisposing someone to a severe illness or...