• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Y

BAD NEWS - PACE Trial scandal charity AfME receives more Scot Gov funding

My heart sank when I saw this. AfME have managed to get funding out of the Scottish Government. There has been great news with Scottish MP Carol Monaghan and the PACE trial debate. This is very sad and disappointing. AfME are heavily involved with the PACE trial scandal and still do not...
  2. Y

Huffington Post by Dr Simon Duffy 'Will The UK Establishment Finally Stop Denying The Reality Of ME?

Lets get this on the most read of Huffington Post to get wider readership!
  3. Y

Huffington Post by Dr Simon Duffy 'Will The UK Establishment Finally Stop Denying The Reality Of ME?

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-simon-duffy/uk-establishment-me_b_18375968.html Great article by one of my favourite authors! I :heart: Dr Simon Duffy and CWR. Weaves all the important stories together - Jen Brea, Unrest, PACE trial, psychiatric cover up, BPS, Wessely, Unum Insurance...
  4. Y

Esther Crawley's BristolTEDx talk video (Nov. 2, 2017)

If someone could YouTube this talk on their own channel this would be great. 1 It would stop Katie Hopkins aka Esther Crawley getting hits on their TED YouTube website and the advertising revenue. We are being used as clickbait by TED/Crawley and by watching their YouTube we are #fundinghate...
  5. Y

Dozens of leading professionals just slammed Theresa May’s controversial new mental health ‘guru’ [L

Hi @Keith Geraghty - I appreciate you are busy but incase you had not seen my post above I have tagged you again. I would and many others would love to hear your opinion of the above post if you ever have the time. Thanks for your time and all your hard work for ME patients.:thumbsup:
  6. Y

UNREST screening and reception at the Speaker's House, House of Commons

As suspected and expected Charles Shepherd has ignored my post. Why is Charles Shepherd not challenging Esther Crawley smearing all ME patients? I will in future do a longer report into Charles Shepherd/MEA and why he condones and not condemn Esther Crawley. This is more evidence for my future...
  7. Y

Crawley lied: No harassment reports (Bristol University)

I understand. Very demoralising. Don't ever give up. Try, Try and Try Again. We may just succeed. In the mean time her evidence file is looking a bit thick. http://me-pedia.org/wiki/Esther_Crawley
  8. Y

Unrest event for medics in Sheffield

ME Militant puts it succinctly
  9. Y

Unrest event for medics in Sheffield

ALERT: CHRIS BURTON. Need to keep an eye on this one. What is his position on ME. Has he completely changed and renounced his previous position. I have forewarned about the BPSers and how they may try to do subvert the Unrest campaign.
  10. Y

I just wanted to forewarn there is a small possibility I suspect that EC and the other psychs will now make up allegations of harassment or threats and now report them to their own universities. I just wanted to be write a dated memo about this before they do so. This is the type of people we...
  11. Y

Are you a lawyer? The GMC avenue could be successful given the serious nature of the allegations here.
  12. Y

Dr Phil Hammond talks to Jen Brea about Unrest this morning on Radio Bristol

Thanks to Spoonseeker It asks some really common sense blindingly obvious questions to Phil Hammond. The fact that Phil Hammond does not understand such basics and makes so many inconsistencies clearly shows he has trying to deceive us and lies through his teeth. A (Second) Letter to Dr Phil...
  13. Y

ME on BBC news this morning

LOL!! :rofl: Nothing to do with fascism. :p The perils of going off topic! That a sarcastic term coined by a news reporter John Snow who felt there was a pressure to comply with wearing the poppy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_poppy
  14. Y

Thanks for doing that.:thumbsup: It is a good video on BBC to show people and use on social media as some people only trust and start to believe the issue if they see it on mainstream national TV like BBC It has been removed and not everyone had seen it. Unrest have tweeted it out. Job well...
  15. Y

25 Oct E Crawley speaking at Better Science Better Data event......

We always knew Crawely is a compulsive liar about the threats she claims to have received and was a ploy to be the victim and smear critics. Here is a FOI to University of Bristol that confirms there had been no harassment of any of their staff https://t.co/VS6Y3WAojv?amp=1
  16. Y

Esther Crawley TEDxBristol Disrupting Your View Of ME

The BPS and psychs have done this before with Millions Missing. I suspected they might do this and in fact have now done this again. They will also try to claim they are biomedical as EC has done with MEGA etc and try to probably use MEAction the way they used and co-opted the previously good...
  17. Y

No worries. I just put out the message to anyone who saw important good or bad video footage now or in the future. I have heard of poppy fascism. I googled to read more about poppy fascism (sorry off-topic)...
  18. Y

There is a lot of good stuff recently that needs to be saved for posterity on Youtube. Many written articles on news websites are saved for longer but I and many others try to save important articles on webarchive as they get deleted or link breaks after a few years. Webarchive does not...
  19. Y

Hi Welcome to the forums @Clair&Mike. It's a good letter - people need to call out the lies and smear campaign by EC. Good on you. It should be a duty of the two national ME charities to defend people with ME but they are "in the tent" with Esther Crawley.
  20. Y

Esther Crawley is not a "disrupter". She is the establishment and has received the most money along with Peter White for research from UK taxpayers and some charities. She was on the GDG of NICE (CG53) in 2007. @JenB and MEAction are the disrupters of this misleading and false narrative by...
  21. Y

As you know, it has not been addressed.
  22. Y

That's interesting. I am sure Charles Shepherd has seen this but has still not responded to the 'elephant in the room'. This is the key problem for people in the UK. The MEA and Charles Shepherd continues to validate and condone Esther Crawley's actions. He has not condemned any of her actions...
  23. Y

http://www.jaytay.co.uk/2017/10/25/unrest-premiere-and-parliamentary-screening/
  24. Y

Why has this been deleted by events organiser?
  25. Y

You're welcome. Glad you found it useful John!!!. You or anyone else may wish to put up on Youtube for the record or perhaps pass onto @maxwhd on twitter who has collection of important videos so he can do so. Good to have all these on record as will be useful for evidence against these people...
  26. Y

Not tried but for future reference: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-record-screen-on-your-mac-3527168/ https://betanews.com/2015/07/19/windows-10-secret-screen-recording-tool/
  27. Y

Agreed - Important to have record of her talk for MEPedia and also for EC's forthcoming GMC tribunals over her lying and dishonesty.
  28. Y

Esther Crawley is the Katie Hopkins of science. :lol: People need a warning about her as a controversial person.