• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. presently_distant

Anyone had significant success with coconut oil (re: brain fog) & how do you take it ?

I noticed I get a bit of a headache/dizziness when I take virgin Coconut oil. But it could be "dieoff" from candida or some virus. Noticed some great benefits from just a tablespoon and a half: - Less Brainfog (was starting to get really bad for me, I have chronic hypoglycemia) - Quite a bit...
  2. presently_distant

High dose vitamin B1 (thiamine)

I tried taking 40 mg r5p with 300mg of benfotiamine and 50mg p5p yesterday. I only got 4 hours of sleep and I feel close to my usual norm. Will be taking a nap, anyways, though!;)
  3. presently_distant

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

I just recently (today, actually) started using selenomethionine again. Many months ago, I used the Solaray brand yeast free selenomethionine with poor results (lots of anxiety and inner tension). But, today, I used some random whole foods brand selenomethionine (yeast based and awful smelling)...
  4. presently_distant

Intracellular magnesium defiency and vitamin B6 (and/or B2) deficiency in ME/CFS

Since zinc is needed for p5p utilization and p5p is needed for magnesium utilization (to whatever degree that may be). Shouldn't one first supplement with hcl pepsin to help zinc absorb, then try taking a dose of p5p, then try a form of magnesium that suits your fancy? I'm going to experiment...
  5. presently_distant

I'm still very interested in thiamine as a potential avenue to some sort of physical and cognitive recovery. I believe I've had a thiamine deficiency to some degree for a few years now. Always have eaten a very high sugar diet until a year ago. I recently tried Sulbutiamine from a bulk supplier...
  6. presently_distant

I did smell some of that sulfury, garlic allithiamine scent in my breath and stool. It was pretty bad, I have to admit. Although it dissipated quite fast after cessation of use. But, I imagine for a chronic user it'd get unbearable. Can't even imagine using the allithiamine cream, it really...
  7. presently_distant

I tried Allithiamine briefly (2-3 days) and the negative side effects it gave me did not make the positive effects worth it. I am interested in Sulbutiamine as there are tons of positive reports from users on longecity.com and other similar nootropic/biohacking forums. But, what always seems to...
  8. presently_distant

Approaching methylation w/ adrenal fatigue...

@South I generally feel better right before I'm about to fall asleep and somewhat worse when I wake up. I'm not quite sure what this indicates as I am still relatively new to all this (only had some form of CFS/ME for 10 months). I know my low sodium levels and adrenal mishaps are directly...
  9. presently_distant

Let me clarify...I don't mean to come across as helpless. I am just trying to figure out if anyone else with adrenal fatigue has attempted freddd's methylation protocol (very likely) and basically how they did on it? I'm just curious, really. Adrenal fatigue has to do with sodium due to low...
  10. presently_distant

There may or may not be a thread on this, not quite sure... Apologies if there is as I don't want to be (too) redundant. A couple days ago I started taking methylfolate and b12 and thought that the fatigue I was experiencing was mainly due to potassium deficiency. Little did I know that I...
  11. presently_distant

Comment by 'presently_distant' in 'A Guide to Freddd's Protocol'

Awesome guide. Really cleared up a lot of things I was confused about...like the paradoxical folate deficiency and methyl trap. Gonna really start dosing these supplements consistently now.
  12. presently_distant

Intracellular magnesium defiency and vitamin B6 (and/or B2) deficiency in ME/CFS

I think part of the problem is that magnesium deficiencies take ALOT of magnesium to correct and I find my demand skyrockets as soon as I start supplementing it again. B6 (p5p) really seems to go well with magnesium as well as taurine. When I use magnesium taurate sublingually, I feel like I'm...
  13. presently_distant

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

Just wanted to update my last post... I believe most of my problems to be related to a magnesium deficiency (as well as others), so I'm not sure if I classify as an ME/CFS patient in the true sense...And I'm definitely not sure if others would or would not respond as much as I have to magnesium...
  14. presently_distant

I take 1 magnesium taurate (125mg per capsule) while taking one of the Source Naturals cocarboxylase sublinguals. what I do is crush up their sublinguals into a powder and put it on the bottom of my lip...it works much better and dissolves pretty fast. But I'm a bit unsure of the results. It...
  15. presently_distant

Could AHCC make me feel worse?

From the literature I've read, AHCC is a powerful liver detoxifier and lowers Norepinephrine levels (which for me, lowers anxiety). Maybe if you have low epinephrine levels already you will feel worse? I remember a couple months ago, when I started AHCC, it really made me feel quite fatigued...
  16. presently_distant

What are your experiences with HBOT?

There's a chiropractor near me that does HBOT for $50 a session (not sure if he uses medical grade oxygen, though...). I tried it about a couple months ago and had a really weird reaction to it. While inside the chamber I felt comfortable (I'm not the claustrophobic type), yet when the oxygen...
  17. presently_distant

I've taken the source naturals sublingual cocarboxylase (coenzyme B1/thiamin) And took a bit too much the first day...5 of the tablets (figuring at 25mg per, I'd be within a reasonable dosage). There wasn't any other huge detrimental effect other than restless sleep...woke up what felt like...
  18. presently_distant

Small B12 brand experiment

I recently started taking 1mg of this methyl b12 again from Superior Source. It's great because it dissolves in like a second and seems to be pretty effective. Not too expensive either. No artificial flavors, a tiny bit of lactose and acacia gum are the only other ingredients. Idk if that bit of...
  19. presently_distant

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

I think it's interesting to note that TPP (an enzyme thiamine works through) is highly dependent on magnesium to function properly. So perhaps it's wise to correct a magnesium deficiency first (I know I definitely have one) and then try to work up to a larger and larger dosage of thiamin. I've...
  20. presently_distant

Statin, Osteoporosis Drug Combo May Help Treat Toxoplasma gondii

This is very interesting. I believe I may have caught toxoplasmosis recently (maybe I always have had it and this is just a flareup?) after visiting a cat lounge type place lol. Basically a coffee shop where there are cats up for adoption. I feel very flu like and sort of weaker than normal. I...