• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Would Autologous Stem Cell Transplant be beneficial?

Ah, thought the remission after ASCT/R lasted throughout life, this was really clarifying.
  2. E

Thanks for your response. However, there is one thing I don't fully understand; I regularly read in the (norwegian) news about MS sufferers having used different halting medicines for years, then tries ASCT and go into remission with no more need for immune therapy. Isn't there something else...
  3. E

Would not ASCT kill all present immune cells and not just e.g. cells expressing CD20 (that rituxan gets rid of) being a more complete/different way to reset the immune system?. I am aware of that this "treatment" (in lack of a better word) might be infeasible. However, there seems to be quite a...
  4. E

I have tried to find information about whether autologous stem cell transplant could be beneficial for cfs patients where the immune system is involved. Considering that for instance MS patients have benefited from this, it might be the case for cfs too (if it can be proved that it is in-fact an...