• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Buying/organising home cooked food

Here are my easy meals. Chicken + jar of butter chicken / mango curry sauce + basmati rice. Ready in 15 mins. Japenese curry(pre made curry blocks) + chicken + basmati rice + rice + potato + carrots + peas. Ready in 50 mins but makes TONS. Chunky chicken soup from campbells. Alfredo pasta...
  2. D

Diazepam Experiment

Phenibut completely cures me but isn't sustainable. I'm a man and have seen several other men get helped by gabaergics. The immune system also has gaba receptors, so gabaergics can potentially calm down the immune system. I'm guessing the problem is auto immune and also has an increase of brain...
  3. D

Connective Tissue Problems?

I've had connective tissue problems since before I started different supplements. Only on my right side though, most of my problems are right side. I really doubt there will be any treatment options. If things get out of place, I do a horse stance type thing and try to tighten my front facing...
  4. D

Cavitation of the jawbone in ME /CFS

Here is the site for the place I am going to: https://www.theholisticdentalcenter.com/gendex-3d-cone-beam-imaging.php They have some dubious stuff like homeopathy so that made me a little unconfident. But the stuff they have for cavitations matches up to what people had success with in their...
  5. D

I don't think it is TMD because I also have inflammatory symptoms on my right side, for example occasional stuffy nose and sore throat only on the right side near my upper jaw area. The area constantly feels like it is an itch I have to scratch badly but can't. I have thought about it a...
  6. D

I'm currently applying for a passport currently so I can get tested for cavitations in the U.S. Luckily they are fairly close to where I live in British Columbia, 3 hours away. My main symptoms that makes me think it might be a cavitation is I have constant muscle tension that is centered...
  7. D

Pexidartinib (PLX-3397) -- A new drug for replacing microglia

That is amazing thta microglia can regrow that fast. For reference microglia make up 10-15% of the brain and the rest of the brain isn't very good at regenerating at all.
  8. D

Potential Suramin Alternatives - Sytrinol and Kudzu (Anti Purinergic Therapy)

Funny how uridine is a p2y2 agonist and so many people take it as a nootropic. Shouldn't this say antagonist? And uridine is a nootropic p2y2 agonist that is neuroprotective and stimulating, makes me think p2y2 antagonists wouldn't be that great. Maybe the other purinergic receptors would be...
  9. D

Lymes disease testing options HELP

Is this really the case? Because the one study said igenex gave 40% false positives, if the false negatives were high as well then that would be very rediculous. I hear the standard doctor provided tests have a lot of false negatives, though.
  10. D

Thanks. Honestly I don't even think I have lyme, my symptoms are very bad fatigue, unrefreshing sleep, muscle inflammation and imbalance, jaw joint inflammation, lots of overwhelming and annoying headache/burning/buzzing sensations around the head and chest. When I exercise I get a sore throat...
  11. D

I live in Canada and am currently looking to get tested for lymes. The single Canadian test came back negative. So far it is quite confusing on how to get tested and not get false positives. My uncle got the Igenex test, but apparently that has had a very high false positive rate in 2014...
  12. D

Jarred Younger on CFS subgroups (video)

I love how these researchers are giving us videos. They feel so much more wonderful than text. Ty Jarred Younger.
  13. D

Anyone else get this?

I get this thing where I feel like muscles/veins/nerves are out of place, especially in my shoulder which I have overused and slightly injured previously(shoulder seperation). My entire body often feels out of balance. Everything feels "off" and itchy/tight. Certain muscles get very tight and...
  14. D

Symptoms after Psychosis

This is so much in the grey area, makes me wish diagnostic tests were done being researched so you could figure out more. I have some of the symtoms you have such as anhedonia, right side stiffness, dry eyes, constipation. And bipolar has been linked to mitochondria I think.
  15. D

Ron Davis, Ashley Haugen, Linda Tannenbaum and Raeka Aiyar at IiME #OMF

Will we be getting any new info today?
  16. D

What are the possible reasons for 'waking up' in the evening?

I am only good for a few hours after waking up. Tired at night.
  17. D

Really Struggling

Good luck getting better and don't break yourself apart if you do poorly or fail in your courses. Personally when I failed out of university due to ME it sent me into depression that lasted a good 2 years and could have lasted longer if I didn't find the right antidepressant(nsi-189). It...
  18. D

Left side...very scared

I had right side tightness and weakness for 3 years, eventually I managed to fix it with a combination of nootropics (uridine, alpha gcp, dha, noopept) combined with taichi/qigong/zhan zhuang. Neurogenesis and neuroprotection mixed with body/mind exercises. Not a full fix but at least my head...
  19. D

ME or depression? If ME, do fluoxetine anti-depressants help?

Personally I only get PEM (post exercise malaise) around 1/3rd of the time. Generally I can tell when I'l get it because I'm already pretty tired.
  20. D

ME or depression? If ME, do fluoxetine anti-depressants help?

In my experience ME type symptoms often happen alongside depression because they have a similar root pathology which includes inflammation. But antidperessants don't really get rid of inflammation, they are better at just making you not terribly sad and unmotivated. Imo if I were you, if I...
  21. D

Wigan Today: Chronic fatigue sufferers could benefit from new research

Well when I used sauna for a few days I became delirious and had to go to the hospital from all the toxins floating around in my cns. I also have neck tightness. I wouldn't be surprised if there were toxins hidden away.
  22. D

Powdered oxymatrine more potent than tablets?

Sublingual is probably a good idea. I know several drugs that I didn't respond to orally that I did sublingually. 200 mg probably wont fully absorb though.
  23. D

The energy generators inside our cells reach a sizzling 50°C

I doubt our mitochondria are running cold because they are the source of the heat in our body. If they were cold then we would be cold. Make me wonder however, how hot do they get during fever?
  24. D

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

I previously said selenium increased my fatigue, but later I tried it for around a month along with 30 mg zinc and 2 mg copper, and my energy levels improved quite a bit. Selenium, zinc, copper, noopept, uridine, alpha gcp all helped me a ton but took 1-4 weeks to fully come into affect. Before...
  25. D

Has anyone tried the nootropic Alpha Brain?

I've tried all the nootropics. My favorite drugs/supplements are Mr happy stack(uridine/fish oil/alpha gcp), nsi-189, noopept, blueberries, selenium, zinc, copper. And also strict no blue light before bed. Alpha brain has bacopa in it which can potentially destroy energy but at least it is...
  26. D

Iceman Wim Hof Breathing Method

I found the pranamaya breathing technique he uses gave around a 6% ish boost to my health in general permanently. Honestly my diaphragm and breathing in general was getting very weak from lying down all day every day, and the exercises can be done laying down so they are good for people with...
  27. D

Water - what is new? Pollack

I'm convinced water has a LOT to do with CFS and this thread is surely a reminder for me to set my homemade near-infrared sauna back up. Maybe we have a toxin in us that impairs EZ water which impairs detoxification. Perhaps we have a virus that imapirs EZ which then impairs the immune...
  28. D

Article on biomedical ME-research in Denmark

Would be interesting if they tried replicating sauna conditions on these cells. Lack of electrolytes and high heat.
  29. D

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

I bet this CFS state is used as a last ditch effort to get rid of viruses, and it usually works. Normally the virus replication is greatly reduced due to the reduced metabolism, the body's immune system slowly mops it up, and the CFS state ends. But being a last ditch effort, if the virus...