• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. AmberHEH

Major crash...heavy metals?

So, I'm doing a methylation protocol based on Freddd's protocol, and about a week and a half into starting to increase my methylcobalamin. I've been having a relatively easy go of it, except for one nasty day of headache/brain fog about 3 days after I started. My energy levels have been...
  2. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

To be honest, I was supplementing back before I got my SNP's, and up to 6 methylguards a day with no changes, so I got lazy about it and gave up worrying about the extra supplements. These days, I know I get a lot of folates from the ferments I consume (primarily sauerkraut and kombucha), but I...
  3. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

I also dropped my basal temp a full degree when doing a low carb GAPS intro - that's how I figured out that low carbing wasn't agreeing with me in the first place. However, I am thinking it's doing a little better since I did AIP, as my body temp has almost rebounded to normal, with many days...
  4. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

I wish I knew the answer to that. There is a dearth of good, think outside the box doctors in my area, and I went to the one everyone recommended. He wouldn't run anything but TSH, which was 3.0, I think, so normal. So he refused to run a full panel. Mind you, this was after I gained 20 lbs in a...
  5. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

I suspect my issue is with fructans above all else. I know for a fact that is the biggest problem FODMAP for my 4 year old, and probably the root of his gluten intolerance (even trace gluten triggers peripheral neuropathy for me so I avoid it like the plague). But mostly, I feel like if fructans...
  6. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

I'm not sure if my ammonia is high now - these days I do try to eat less protein and more veggies. I do eat white potatoes - I removed them for a few months on AIP but have reintroduced with no changes. IMy IBS is fairly well managed - I will just spend a few days with my stomach hurting for no...
  7. AmberHEH

Another lost newbie...

Hi all, I'm looking for some help just making basic sense of my SNP's. I've been reading up on MTHFR for a while on the suspicion that I was positive. But with the rest of my info, everything I read seems to conflict and I am just bewildered. So, here are my SNP's, per GG: MTHFR, all...