• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

High dose folate, B2 and elevation of ammonia and uric acid (for dummies)

@ahmo Thanks for your response! I'm surprised that the aminos can be absorbed through the water. This is exciting for me to hear, because they really do a number on my stomach. I'm also surprised that the oral dose works just as well in the bath water without needing to add more. Off to take a...
  2. K

OK, thank you. When I've done foot baths in the past, I sometimes get calf cramping as well. Though it can happen when I only use magnesium, or when I add a bunch of other things in as well. Hard to tell what's going on. Perhaps @ahmo will be able to provide some more insight.
  3. K

I'm not a chemistry person so I have a question about the foot baths. If I want to add other vitamins, such as Vitamin C, would the C interact somehow with the baking soda to make either less effective? Any interactions with other vitamins or minerals in a foot bath I should be aware of?
  4. K

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

@Freddd Hi Freddd, I know this is an older post, but I'm curious about the 1500 calories. Is there a reason you decided on that number? Is it simply because 1500 seems to work for you, or are you relying on some sort of guidelines? I ask because 1500 seems extremely low for an adult male. I've...
  5. K

Freddd Protocol: Brands and Doses

Needing some help finding a methylfolate that I can use. All of the methylfolate tablets have silca/silicon dioxide, and I am sensitive to it. I can buy a capsule instead of a tablet, but the smallest dose is 400mcg, which makes it hard to start lower and titrate up. I'm hoping to find an easier...
  6. K

Comment by 'Katty' in 'Detox Footbaths and Biofilm Busting Oil'

Hi ahmo! Can you tell me how much potassium powder you are adding to the bath?