• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Could my Methyl B vitamins have caused my symptoms?

How are you doing Konflict?? I have issues very similar to yours, I've had them for nearly 2 years now, after supplementing with methylb12, I didn't even take folate. I don't really know what to tell you, I'm still suffering, and haven't found anything at all that'll make the situation better...
  2. S

Lowering over methylation without niacin?? Please help!!

Hi Irwin, Sorry to hear about your problems. But I have a story that is very similar to yours. Only I've been dealing with this for a longer time. So I'd like to know, how are things going now? Did you ever figure out what was causing all these problems?? My story in short. I took Mb12 and...
  3. S

no start up reactions, just adrenaline and restlessness

@Aerose91 you wrote, you cleared sulphates. How did you do that?? I think I need to do something similar, but don't have the knowledge.. Thanks.
  4. S

Extremly bad reaction to b12, please help!

I think you are right, at this point I'm having problems tolerating anything.. Other than water..
  5. S

Are there any foods high in magnesium that I could eat, insted of using supplements?? Because I can't get any Epsom Salt before next week. And I don't think that I can take any supplements at this moment..
  6. S

Ok, thank you. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'll write down what you have told me, so I'll know what to ask them.. Btw how did your ever figure out what to do about all this? If they didn't do anything at the ER.. Thanks for all your help.
  7. S

Ok, maybe I didn't use enough of the bicarb, I only used about a tablespoon.. What did they say to you at the ER? And how long did it take before the magnesium started to help? Did mb12 do this to you also? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't really understand any of this.. My...
  8. S

Hey Gondwanaland, Well I feel really embarrassed and stupid now doing it. But it was because I didn't know what to do about my dehydration issues, I just wanted to see if it would help with anything (It seemed like a good idea in my panic stated mind).. I only took about 100-150 mg of it, and...
  9. S

Thank you for your answer ahmo, I appreciate it. Unfortunetely I'm not sure if you can even get Epsom Salt in my country. But I'll definitely look into when I feel a little better. Today has been the worst, and I'm actually considering going to the ER right now.
  10. S

Hello again, I just wanted to ask you all of some advice, since I've tried to figure this out myself which I couldn't, and you all seem really knowledgeable. Today, I felt really, really tired. I'm getting more and more dehydrated, and I still can't keep water in me.. So I searched around to...
  11. S

Thank you once again, for your long and informative post (I like your long posts, I'm really learning something everytime). Plus you give me hope, which I can use these days. I still feel like I've ruined something, that I'll never feel like myself again. But it's good to hear that you...
  12. S

@WoolPippi, I just have a couple of more question, if you don't mind.. You wrote that it took you about 6 days to get rid of your mB12 brain chemistry, when you tried mb12 for the first time. When it finally was over, did you return completely to baseline, without the need for any supplements...
  13. S

I definitely understand what you are saying. But I'm really grateful to you, because my doctor didn't help me, or know what to do. I was totally lost, I didn't know anything. If you haven't given me that advice, I don't know how it would have ended, you and your advice definitely saved me. So...
  14. S

Hello all, I just wanted to give all you helpful people an update on my situation.. I went to doctor yesterday, he couldn't help me at all. He took som blood samples, and checked my bp (which were to high). He blamed anxiety attacks, and said that b12 couldn't do this to a person o_O I went...
  15. S

Sorry, I ment potassium gluconate.. I was really strugling with confusion when I wrote that... If this is serotonin syndrome, then what can I do to help my body to overcome it?? I'll see if can get a hold of some sodium bicarbonate, I suppose you mean to use it in at footbath?? And thank you...
  16. S

WoolPippi, I just read your replies again. You seem very knowledgeable about this.. Do you think that I should completely drop my potassium supplements for today, or should I still be taking them with some added sodium/natrium?? And how much sodium is safe to take? I'm sorry to ask all these...
  17. S

Thank you for your replies. I'm allready taking some potassium, allthough I don't know if it's enough. And I'm quite hesitant to keep upping it, because I'm not taking the methylb12 anymore, and haven't done so for a few days. And I find it quite hard to know how much to take, because I'm...
  18. S

Thank you, I seriously hope so. Please tell me, are you familier with the extreme thirst? Or the need to keep taking potassium despite stopping supplementing with the methyl vitamins?
  19. S

Thank you for replying Minkeygirl.. Lucklily I didn't get at far as taking metafolin, so all my problems stem from Methylcobalamin.. I'll try to take some more Niacin, and see if it'll help..
  20. S

Thank you for your reply Snowdrop. Event tho another try at methylation isn't exactly on my mind right now. I absolutely agree with you, Hydroxy is the way to go for me, if I ever get back to my normal state.. But thanks..
  21. S

Hello all, I'm new here, but I really need your help and expertise. This week I decided to start and try Fredds B12 protocol, and started tuesday. I've been taking a multi vitamin + extra magnesium for a while, so I just started by adding a 1/4th of a 1000mcg of methylcobalamin. So on...