• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

18 years old, NYC, CFS all life, in need of suggestions

Also, look into getting a sleep study. Large tonsils or adenoids (not sure if doc can even see those on throat exam, keep in mind) can cause obstructive sleep apnea, which can cause you to feel HORRIBLE during the day. It can cause psych issues. Believe it or not. I do have apnea, and feel...
  2. C

18 years old, NYC, CFS all life, in need of suggestions

I will give my brief thoughts because I'm really tired...... ...if you have never been able to have a job, which is what I would guess based on your post, you would apply for federal SSI. Google "how to apply for ssi." If you are a U.S. citizen. Gotta be a citizen, i think. It's for those who...
  3. C

Ya'lls thoughts on Nitric Oxide/Pall Protocol. Rich?

Hi all. I heard that sad news that Rich is no longer with us. :( Rich, you have changed my life in so many ways, I will be forever grateful!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I am a little sad to know he never saw that last post, as I was so excited for him to see it! I think he would have gotten a kick out...
  4. C

Acai may help glutathione? (posting for you, Rich)

newradost, Just use the search feature on this site, and type in my name with Acai to see some of my posts. Some are quite lengthy. The ones that give the best info in general talk about TMG too. I think Rich weighed in on a few of those. I was (I'm off all supplements at the moment for...
  5. C

Took yet another break from the site after posting this, as I try not to spend too much of my time on health websites because I feel I need more of a clear headspace to heal, especially now as I'm going through major life changes as well. Yes, I saw the tribute to him on the home page awhile...
  6. C

Simple prayer about change, need an outlet

Dear God, Why does change have to happen? What's the reason? Are You trying to make me better, or worse? Please help me to change for the better. Please have a purpose to all this. I try to trust You, but sometimes it is hard. Please improve me. I try to do good, but sometimes it seems to...
  7. C

Things I'm grateful for, feel free to add

These are great. :) :) I actually don't come back to my own threads often enough. Thanks for the smiles and for pouring out your hearts. Warmed mine.
  8. C

Is fatty liver and raised liver enzymes a B12 problem ?

Oh, also....B12 may lower homocysteine too? Back to your original question. Can't recall if B12 will. My worry is that you are getting complex answers when the problem can be solved in a more simple fashion. I would take TMG by Now brand if you can tolerate it (it might help your fatigue), B12...
  9. C

Is fatty liver and raised liver enzymes a B12 problem ?

Just off the top of my head, and without reading the replies..... I think fatty liver is from high homocysteine, right? Which can be corrected with TMG. I could be wrong, but look into it. I think the high homocysteine leads to all kinds of health issues. It's a simple blood test a doctor...
  10. C

Cocaine

To elaborate.....because this has gotten me thinking.....What I am starting to figure out, is that for every substance out there we can't "get", whether it be because we don't have health insurance, it's not approved, etc etc.....there is another substance we can get that does something similar...
  11. C

Cocaine

Oh, speaking of Tyrosine, it helped me a LOT. I actually stopped it because it seemed too good to be true, and I was worried it would burn me out. I think I was taking 500 mg of Now brand L-Tyrosine, capsules, purchased on iherb.com. I would try that too. You may be able to take higher doses...
  12. C

Cocaine

This is interesting. I did notice Adderall helped me, and coffee also seems to help quite a bit. Did not get any help from Provigil, really. It didn't seem to have the same magical effect the other two have. I think for me, it is all about bloodflow, (coffee is a vasoconstrictor). I have...
  13. C

Is ME due to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome "stretchy veins"

Oh, the other thing he told me to do, of course, is get enough salt. No salt restriction, etc. And get electrolytes.
  14. C

Is ME due to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome "stretchy veins"

I like what Mish Mash said. I agree that sometimes the most simple and obvious solutions are what is going on. If you read some of the theories on this website....sorry....but they are just absurd. I do think the EDS has some merit, or may lead in a direction that could give you some functioning...
  15. C

TMG helping a LOT too.

Found this recently about Acai and thought it was interesting. I am posting it in 4 threads, this being the 4th, so bear with me if you see it elsewhere. I just feel it's a relevent update. I have not been on this site much lately at all, but I recently came across this article stating that...
  16. C

I posted this on my Acai thread which I think is under General Treatment, and I'm also copying it to a couple of my other threads. But then I decided to give it it's own thread, specifically so Rich would see it or any others interested in glutathione. I thought the info was kind of cool. Maybe...
  17. C

Found something interesting today, so I am posting it in 3-4 different threads on this site that I tend to update, so bear with me if you see it multiple times....I feel it's relevant on a few threads of mine, and I may start a new one too. I am copying/pasting. Here it is: I have not been on...
  18. C

You guys need to try this Now Acai, seriously!

I have not been on this site much lately at all, but I recently came across this article stating that Acai upregulated...or did something to.... two genes relating to glutathione in a mouse study (I think I paraphrased that properly). I was looking for a quote about Acai and cytokines, but I...
  19. C

TMG helping a LOT too.

I am 90% sure I wasn't taking them together, because normally when I try something new, I stop other things so I can gauge any reaction. I was actually also a little afraid, after seeing how well I reacted the the TMG (almost felt like rocket fuel for stamina, aka, my walk turned into a mild jog...
  20. C

Improving heaps!

bumping because I saw similar success (energy, still have brain fog issue) from taking TMG. Also, like Gavman, was disappointed with B12 and folate, though they did help some. What Gavman is reporting is along the lines of what I have found. Though I am not taking the methionine, yet. My TMG...
  21. C

Did I mention my recent TMG news above? I started a post on it in the B12/glutathione forum an hour or so ago. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/tmg-helping-a-lot-too.19546/ So yeah...on heels of acai realizations, I added TMG and wow! It is like Acai's effects, but even better...
  22. C

TMG helping a LOT too.

I am sorry to create a new post everytime something helps me, but I feel it's important. I have always thought, through the course of this, "why don't people blast it from the rooftops when something helps?" So I am. So this week, on the heels of my Acai success (been taking Acai awhile, but...
  23. C

7, :) You are taking Immunovir, right??? Yeah, Acai does so many diff things, has so many effects on the body, that I am really not sure what aspect is causing the benefit. Wish I did. I have also been noticing a LOT of benefit this week from TMG (this is really my first time taking it). I...
  24. C

Is anyone knowledgable about the nose/mucus? My OCD issue....

Still though, I am wondering if some mucus in the nose is "safe"? because I do wanna ignore it and move on....I can't be in the bathroom splashing over and over every night..... :( Sigh. I will update if getting rid of toothpaste in all forms helps. Honestly, even when I brush with baking soda i...
  25. C

Okay, I am reading online this might not be just me. I am going to try brushing with only water for awhile and see what happens. Because the curious thing is, if I don't brush my teeth before bed, I don't feel the need to get rid of extra mucus. And the only time I can brush my teeth and not...
  26. C

So, I have thought more about this, since typing. I think part of the problem is that the act of brushing my teeth causes more mucus to form. Anyone else have this??? And I think I am responding to that with extreme measures (or maybe just doing what a person would do, when confronted with...
  27. C

So, I have an issue, and I know it is OCD-related. But honestly, I don't know the facts either, and I'm hoping if anyone can answer these questions then it would help me reason through this (though I'm going to look online too, so far it's a little tough to find the info I'm looking for). So if...
  28. C

Thanks, Rich. Big thanks. Now was it methyl or hyxdroxy B12 that you are recommending (in high doses, sublingual or injectable)? I know it sounds silly (because I type a lot), but I have a hard time reading. :/ :/ I think I'll use my "coffee time" today to brush up on your posts. I remember...
  29. C

Sue, interesting. I wonder if it is working as an anti-inflammatory for you? In terms of your pain. Thanks for letting me know. I have noticed it does absolutely nothing for my brain fog/derealization, but it helps my STAMINA and ability to be "up." So if I didn't bother getting up off couch...
  30. C

Tammy, The question about why I'm on Acai is interesting....I told this story last night in chat (and it is detailed, because I am explaining why I don't think it was placebo effect). My parents, myself, and my brother are all Republic of Tea fans. It's not unusual to see mannnnny of the...