• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Testing for OverMethylation?

I have considered BH4 previously as I think I have a number of issues around that cycle. However, I'm not sure if it is available here in the UK? I've ordered Coenzymated B-3, FMN, Calcium d-glucarate (for estrogen metabolism), ubiquinol/PQQ (energy), activated charcoal/mag oxide (Ammonia)...
  2. U

Thanks for commenting @TheChosenOne. I notice we have similar snps (in as much that our main problem perhaps isn't MTHFR/MTRR). I am currently playing (I think that's the best description) with methyl donors in the early part of the day and methyl 'absorbers' later in the day. Currently...
  3. U

Hi, What experience/opinions do you guys have with testing relating to methylation? Based on long standing symptoms and recent methyl supplement reactions, I now suspect I am an over-methyator. Symptoms - I have an absence of seasonal allergies, high sensitivity to perfumes, high levels of...
  4. U

Please Comment on my Methylation Profile

Hi dulcinea, It would be worth updating each other on progress given our similar snps. I am going on holiday shortly (sadly bringing lots of methylation reading with me!) so I might not be able to post for a week or so, but after that I will update my experiences as I appreciate others doing...
  5. U

After a week or so of feeling more energetic, happier and clear headed I started to lose that feeling. It was replaced with low energy and even lower mood. Now things have settled down a bit, I can reflect and say that Metafolin and Mb12 make me uncomfortably edgy and tense. Going forward...
  6. U

Thanks you all very much for your replies. Thanks for putting my mind at rest regarding CBS. @JaimeS - I had a quick look at your blog JaimeS and had to close it down for more careful read tonight (it looks like a serious piece of work). @TheChosenOne - I now understand why I am sensitve...
  7. U

Hi All, I have only posted once here, regarding what I thought was a strange methylation experience. In summary, I had a great reaction (lots of energy, metter mood, more confidence ) to a Coenzymated B Complex (though later I noticed that it did contain some Folic Acid). I increased the dose...
  8. U

My (Strange?) Methylation Experience

Hi @JaimeS I know what you mean by betrayal. A herb is supposed to balance out hormones and/or neurotransmitters and it completely sends one or more out of whack! We keep hearing about paradoxical reactions, I guess it's yet another one? I'm currently only taking 10mg of Citalopram every...
  9. U

@Mary - Thanks for the tip. I wondered why people were doing that! @JaimeS - I still have some glycerrhiza. My cortisol test came back ok, but I have symptoms of low morning cortisol, so I might try it for a few days. I have never heard of cimicifuga, I suspect low dopamine as acetyl...
  10. U

Thank you all very much for your replies. It has given me a lot to think about. Taking each on in turn: JaimeS - Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply like that. A great analogy and has me thinking in a different way. I support my adrenals, but you have reinforced that for me. I will also start...
  11. U

Hi Everyone, Firstly I’d like to thank each and every poster here for posting their experiences. This collective knowledge is invaluable. Like many here I have had many years of baffling ill health. I have been though Candida diets, Adrenal/Endocrine support and Mercury Chelation amongst...