• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Best Sauna or method for Detox?

Yeah, that is why I have been always curious about trying infrared sauna especially when I had low body temp and was feeling stiff and achy after physical stress. I figured if infrared sauna would rise the temp in deeper tissues I might be able to get rid of lactic acids and stuff. Dont know if...
  2. M

Ionic potassium spray

see that is why I asked since I have no clue whether it would be good. I now know better not to ask.
  3. M

Ionic potassium spray

Has anyone tried it ? Just found out we have that over here in Finland. Wondering if I should try that. It contains vitamin C, potassium ascorbate, calcium carbonate and stevia as sweetener. 10 spray contains 17 mg potassium ions and 80 mg vitamin C. Said that vitamin C helps absorbing potassium.
  4. M

Best Sauna or method for Detox?

I am Finnish so basically everyone has normal sauna, dont know how similar it is to saunas all over the world, but I have been going to normal sauna basically 3/week for all of my life. When I have been worse then I have not been able to tolerate the heat for long time. Now on B12 + other supps...
  5. M

Folic/folinic acid, folate, probiotics, potassium... confused.

I have been reading the forum and about folic/folinic acid , folates, probiotics and potassium and I feel even more confused. My tested fS-folate was 22nmol/l, reference <6. I have no idea whether that is good or bad. I do not avoid green veggies purposely, I just cannot digest most of them. I...
  6. M

B12 and irregular body temperature

Thanks :) did some googling, i think i am on the safe side since I eat chicken, red meat, fish, brazil nuts, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, sun flower seeds and eggs every day.
  7. M

Thanks, it is so much to learn! Before b12 my gut was irritated all the time, like I woke up having nasty feeling. When starting b12 after 2 days my stomach felt so much better, I never imagined it could feel like this! Not bloated anymore, nor full after every meal. Heaven! At the moment I...
  8. M

The Wonders of Prebiotics

Yeah over here doctors do tell you to eat fiber, but they have no clue why. The basic rule is to eat dark bread, end of story. Few doctors have told me that I will die if I quit eating rye. That is how things are over here :D So I had no idea why you are supposed to eat fibers. I have just...
  9. M

I have now been on b12 for 2 months or so. The biggest issue now seems to be irregular body temp, going up and down. Before b12 it had been 35.5 -36.1 for years. Basic temp 36.1 , when stressed it drops. There are people saying low body temp is normal, for some it might be, but for me it causes...
  10. M

The Wonders of Prebiotics

I have been taking flax seeds, which seems to work for me pretty good. Fibers itself seems to work for me in certain form. Like over here in Finland we eat a lot of dark bread made of rye, good fiber, but that stuff burns my stomach so bad, like whole system and the pain... oh dear. But that...
  11. M

Reduced Eschericia Coli causes fatigue?

Thanks MCRobbie. Unfortunately I cannot get an appointment to a doc that could order me the stool test from Genova. First of all the lines over here for those doctors are long, from 6 months to 2 years and second of all it costs a lot, the test panel with doctors appointment. The test I took...
  12. M

Reduced Eschericia Coli causes fatigue?

Today I got the results of my stool test. Luckily most things seem to be fine. In a way I am not amazed, I have been on sugar, milk and gluten free diet for years. Tho I do eat some sugar in form of berries and fruits. In a nutshell I am missing Eschericia Coli and Enterococcus species. E. coli...
  13. M

Dysbiosis - sibo or stool test?

I have been looking for a stool analysis that I can afford. I have used one German laboratory before, to test my adrenal glands, and they do have somewhat cheap stool analysis, but I found out they also have urine test, and I got the idea it is for sibo. This is what it says : ( had to use...
  14. M

Could it be just b12 issues?

Thanks for responding guys! I am not sure about Lyme. I did travel a bit 20 years ago but not on coast side. Nowadays it has spread all over Finland but back then it was rare. But I did have a red round circle on my right arm which was itching and spreading but it disappeared. Cannot remember...
  15. M

Could it be just b12 issues?

Hi, I am new here. Been reading this forum, and I have some issues related to b12 deficiency, but I am somewhat puzzled, whether in my case just b12 could be the issue, or could there be something more behind my symptoms. I am 35 and have been ill for almost 20 years now. My symptoms have...