• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. nial

Tai Chi

Wow, Goodness me, this forum is very high level. Thanks for these replies. I have not been writing much recently, so I will try to articulate the best possible. Mango , I see you have real high end experience with this and more than me, as I never had PEM severe enough to affect me benefiting...
  2. nial

Tai Chi

Thanks for the input. Did you try just qigong on its own? Was just Qigong too much for you, or did you do it with tai chi?
  3. nial

Tai Chi

Hi Sushi, Yes tai chi has to be done standing up, however, just thinking about this I dont see why it cant be done on a chair. It wont be as effective, but should still get energy circulating. i will ask my old teacher what he thinks. As I said, I think someone with sensitivity to CFS could...
  4. nial

Tai Chi

Hi, Sorry to hear Tai Chi gave you PEM afterwards. I remember a friend now with CFS who said my Tai Chi teacher had pushed him too much many years ago. I started when I was 25 years old nearly 20 years ago, and to be honest I did not know I had CFS then. I had stopped doing any sport after...
  5. nial

Tai Chi

I would like to start a post on how Tai chi and very importantly qigong saved me many years ago from what I didnt even realise was CFS. Tai chi is one thing that has not being mentioned positively on this forum. I think this is incorrect. I have been follwoing Phoenixrising for a couple of...
  6. nial

Inclined Bed Therapy

Hi All, I tried IBT and it is very powerful! Too much detox at over 5 inches! I lowered it and it seems to be fine now. What have people experienced benefit wise?
  7. nial

MEA complaints lead to banning of two internet ads

Hi All, It is the first time i have made a comment, although i have been follwoing this iste for a year or so. Actually, qigong Tai chi and Buteyko helped me reach 60-80% improved symptons. It is hugely beneficial to CFs sufferers. I almost immediately felt the benefits. Huge mistake to ban...