• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. foxy loxy

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

stetson28 I am on quite a lot of things. I am on Mepron, Azithromycin, Cryptolepis, Coartem, Clindamycin, and recently added in Daraprim. I am doing better!!! Yes, that is all for Babesia. ;) I am not on any meds particularly for Bartonella, and I believe Clindamycin can hit Lyme a bit. If...
  2. foxy loxy

Hi Ifish, How are you doing? Thanks for that last post. I found it very interesting, as I too have tested very high in gliotoxins. What do you know about gliotoxins? I assume this is a fungus? I have searched the web, but haven't really found answers?? Right now My lyme dr has me on a STOUT...
  3. foxy loxy

Lyme and Its Connection to Thyroid / Adrenal Problems

@Wayne@Ema I just got my thyroid tested and came up with tsh of 4.36 and freeT4 of 0.79 Do you think it would be worth treating?? I have Lyme and co's and haven't made much progress so I am wondering if this isn't what is keeping me so sick? My worst symptom is brain fog, and other...
  4. foxy loxy

Low Dose Antigens / Immunotherapy (LDA/LDI) Lyme

ok, I looked it up and I don't appear to have the main symptoms of this...
  5. foxy loxy

@Daffodil I have never heard of this before. I am going to check into it because brain fog/ and brain inflammation is my primary symptoms that seem antibiotic resistant! Thank you!!
  6. foxy loxy

how are you doing @sushi? I am still watching you... trying to decide! I would do except there are some scary reports of permanent worsening very few but still...
  7. foxy loxy

Has anybody tried Hydrocortisone therapy?

I have lyme and co's which causes a mild case of POTS. I also went to Holtorf and was put on 5 mg of hydro. It has helped me tremendously with the POTS. WAAAAAY better than Florinef!!! It doesn't make me feel wired or weird at all, in fact I can't tell I am on it and if I miss my daily dose I...
  8. foxy loxy

@Sushi I still am watching you!! :) Thanks for posting. That is exciting it is helping your brain fog. Seems like that can be such a resistant symptom. How long have you been doing this?
  9. foxy loxy

wow @SOCS that was interesting. I know a lot of people seem to find creepy things in them at Fry labs. Maybe that is why people with Lyme do much better on antiprotazoals... they probably have other things. I sure hope, this helps your son! Sounds promising. Let us know what you find! :)
  10. foxy loxy

Has anybody tried Hydrocortisone therapy?

Santino I am about to try it too, but after reading all this, I am suddenly creeped out!! Is it really this dangerous? I am starting out at five and possibly another five if I can handle it... And yes... this is the Holtorf clinic idea.... seems nobody likes them.... am I crazy???
  11. foxy loxy

Thanks Ifish for that. It helps... I feel in my case that although mold is not good for you... it must not be a major player in my symptoms. I think I should notice a difference, since being clear of tricothescenes... I am not sure whether I will go back on the protocol or not. Mamakate, I...
  12. foxy loxy

@PointsNorth My mom has M.S. and can just baaarely walk. She can take care of her personal needs and that is all. I thought about LDI for her, but am worried a flare would cause her not to walk at all. Did you flare at all on the shots?
  13. foxy loxy

ok, so I thought people on here might be interested. I have done the Brewer Protocol for close eleven months. I haven't noticed any real substantial improvement from it, but have had positive tricothecenes and ochratoxins with tricothecenes being the highest and of course, the creepiest. As of...
  14. foxy loxy

ok, @Sushi , thanks... I will try this again. I really want to know how it goes. It sounds like the more it goes, the more success people are having. Sounds like too much can really make you sick. The cool part is they can give you all kinds of different bacteria and it doesn't matter whether...
  15. foxy loxy

Sushi Thanks for that Sushi, I have neurological head problems and feel so on the verge of some pretty awful stuff. I hate to push myself into some kind of "funk" I can't get back out of...I am trying to tag you... but not sure if i did this right? I just pulled your name into my message, but...
  16. foxy loxy

Thanks Sushi for chipping in... I looked in on the facebook group and it looks discouraging... the only encouraging thing I thought of was that Ty Vincett recently tweaked the protocol, and it supposedly works better now... less flaring more response etc. So this is very, very new for Lyme it...
  17. foxy loxy

Thanks a million people!!! This helps... I am pretty sure I am going to give it a whirl, because I have tried every antibiotic combo under this planet and still have neurological head problems...moving on to facebook...
  18. foxy loxy

My nurse practitioner had Lyme and she said this helped her and that she sees it help just about everyone. She want me to try it... I have been trying, and trying to find people who have done this and it seems like I can only scare up a few people who say it didn't work. I know this is a chronic...
  19. foxy loxy

Forbearance, what happens to you when you get into certain buildings? For the life of me, even tho I tested positive for mycotoxins, I have no allergies, no building intolerances no congestion etc. Am I crazy? (maybe...):confused: hmm maaaybe a fair amount of sneezing?
  20. foxy loxy

Soundthealarm21 thanks for that encouragement! I am could get very excited about this therapy. My Dr. said just the little lousy home mHBOT can be just as useful as the hard hospital grade, it just takes longer. I plan on using mine for at least a year, maybe forever if it helps!! Also looks...
  21. foxy loxy

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi84ce9n-PJAhXC6IMKHYmsADkQFggdMAA&url=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2998645/&usg=AFQjCNFXOD9B5pr5C3F-7TSBscqeBsg6CA&sig2=QBu5oH6OwZuZ8qAKRPSfxw Hey you all, check out this link... I have been...
  22. foxy loxy

I am not a patient of Brewer, but I have been doing his protocol for a year. I recently stopped to see what would happen. I must say that I fell no different off it than I did on it. I plan to go back on it using Woodland Hills as my pharmacy. It is hard to say if the protocol did anything as I...
  23. foxy loxy

I don't know if its actually doing nothing, @Forebearance. I will say that this year I started is the year it does feel like my health is sloooooowly coming 'round. I don't know what to attribute it all to, as I am switching meds around right and left as well. I plan on giving it to the end of...
  24. foxy loxy

Ok, my Lyme dr. just said today that Dr. Brewer has a share in Real Time Labs. I am worried he is merely padding his pockets...It doesn't help I don't know him at all...:cautious: My Lyme Dr. hasn't written it all off but is very wary of Real Time Labs. My Lyme Dr. said though some of his...
  25. foxy loxy

I am glad to hear the updates. I am seven/eight months in. I have been doing slightly better. I attribute this to a change in my antibiotics though! :confused: At least the change occurred after I switched antibiotics... I can't say amazing things are happening with the nasal protocol and I get...
  26. foxy loxy

My new autonomic cardiologist wants to hospitalize me for tests!!!

So My tilt table was positive. I didn't faint, but wowsers did my heart ever pick up speed. The weird part is that after the initial tilt my heart went up from 80 to 120-130, and about fifteen twenty minutes later is suddenly went beserk and zoomed up to 170. Whew, that felt awful! made me...
  27. foxy loxy

switters, That sounds terrible! :( I started out like you twice a day on nystatin, but couldn't tell any difference. I take my chelating agent right before my medicine!!! Is that not the thing to do? BTW, the info I got about food sourced mycotoxins was on Biotreks webpage under mycotoxin testing.
  28. foxy loxy

If this is the case? Then why are we even bothering with the test? Might as well just treat and skip Hooper! Sigh... I guess Brewer's 55 healthy patients don't eat moldy food? (either that, or we can't detox from moldy food!) Switters, Sorry to hear you had a rough time with it. I guess if I...
  29. foxy loxy

If everyone is so concerned about RTL, then why don't some of us get retested with BioLabs? Surely two positive mycotoxin tests from two different labs would be more concrete? BUT I will say for RTL that is looks like it is inspected more than BioLabs, according to their websites. Oh! and isn't...
  30. foxy loxy

Forbearance, do you think a thermogram would show up a fungal infection/ inflammation better than a CT scan? I don't know much about thermograms!!:rolleyes: Has anyone done their homework with Biotrek? Are they more reliable than RealTime Labs? Their webpage looks professional...