• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

For those of you who got any positive effect for nadh, how long did it take?

Did you notice from the first dose or is it something you have to take regularly for a period of time to notice anything. If it's the latter, how long did it take you until anything happened?
  2. A

Is feeling overwhelmingly hot ever a symptom of NMH?

I know that I feel faint when I feel hot, but I was wondering if maybe if it goes the other way too, that I am feeling hot because I feel faint. Does anyone know? It never comes up in the list of symptoms of NMH, but that doesn't mean for some people it isn't.
  3. A

Article: "Acupuncture Heals Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

I think I've read that when it comes to extreme fatigue moxibustion (acupuncture done while also burning a specific herb) is better than regular acupuncture. It's more expensive though, and I don't believe you can get it at regular community acupuncture clinics.
  4. A

My Chronic Fatigue Recovery Story

Thanks for your story. I certainly believe that the "emotions" and "mind" can (profoundly, actually profoundly is putting it too lightly) effect the "body". Thinking otherwise is silly. Nor, as you say, does acknowledging that mean that CFS is somehow less "real" or more "in your head" that any...
  5. A

I just found this article about a study now (I think) going on. Is Jon Kaiser a famous doctor?

Thanks! I just read through the previous thread. I'm looking forward to the phase 3 trial results being published in May. Does anyone already know what they were?
  6. A

I just found this article about a study now (I think) going on. Is Jon Kaiser a famous doctor?

He says he has found an effective treatement for CFS using a combination of a non-fancy "immune support" supplement and a very low dose Ritalin. Has anyone tried this? Is Jon Kaiser well known? Have you tried Ritalin as part of your treatment? http://www.jonkaiser.com/
  7. A

Does anyone take echinacea anymore?

Does anyone know if Echinacea helps with the fatigue portion of CFS? Has it worked for you? When I had a strange "flu-like" illness for one month many years before my CFS began I took lots of Echinacea and it worked. I'm just remembering that now. I don't hear so much about Echinacea anymore.
  8. A

Poll: Which name is better: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease actually describes quite well ( at least for a three word phrase) what is most pervasive, moment to moment, in my illness. Or course no name can do any kind of justice to the incredible complexity of the experience of this illness, but I think this is MUCH...
  9. A

Anyone had experience with these herbs?

I take about 8 homemade astragalus capsules a day. They are the only thing that keep me from not having cold sores on both corners of my mouth 9 months out of the year. Before that nothing had any affect, including Valtrex. I don't notice any other affect from it though. I also take about 6...
  10. A

1 disorder which traditional medicine can't cure, and alternative medicine can?

Actually things like Traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture) and Ayurveda are traditional medicines. I think you mean you only believe in conventional western biomedicine.