• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

No start-up?

@Sherpa Thanks mate, appreciate the help! Yeah, that crossed my mind. But I felt quite a nice "brightening" from the 10k mg hydroxyB12 shot, followed by a crash, so I inferred a strong indication of methylation issues. Though I know B12 is known to be therapeutic in CFS outside of methylation...
  2. I

No start-up?

Hi guys, I have spent 2 weeks phasing in the basic supplements in @Freddd 's procotol: Vitamin D - 5,000IU Vitamin C - 4,000IU Vitamin E Complex - 400IU B Complex - Thiamin 15mg, Riboflavin 10.2mg, Niacin 50mg, B6 5mg, Pantothenic Acid 10mg P5P - 33.8mg Pantethine - 450mg R-ALA + Biotin...
  3. I

Favorite Choline?

Only vaguely related so sorry to hijack, but are Choline + Insotil regarded as fundamental supplements on Freddd's protocol? I've seen a few B complexes that contain them but mine does not. Am wondering if I need them and at what general dosage? I'm already taking lecithin
  4. I

Two weeks into the simplified protocol, advice and encouragement please...!

Ah yes, Rich said this in his revised protocol "I had also considered changing the form of B12 to methylcobalamin. Some PWMEs do need to use this form, particularly if their glutathione and/or S-adenosylmethionine are very low. However, use of hydroxocobalamin is a “gentler” approach to lifting...
  5. I

I have not tried Rich's. Decided to go for Freddd's as it made more sense to me. The theories are the same, meaning what each protocol is trying to correct. The difference is that Freddd advocates the active forms of B12 and folate, and Rich advocates the inactive forms as a default (he does...
  6. I

I don't think Rich's simplified theory suggests MeCbl, does that mean you're actually doing Freddd's? I'm starting Freddd's and in the middle of gradually building up my basic supplements (B Complex, D, C, E, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Calc/Mag, ALA, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Potassium). Will begin...
  7. I

Can you use up B12 too quickly?

I'm new here so I'm not sure but.. POTASSIUM - Potassium is far more critical than I realized with version 1 of this page. Most people starting the active b12s and Metafolin will have low potassium symptoms which can include unusual spasms, muscle weakness, mood and personality changes...
  8. I

Struggling to know where to begin with Freddd's protocol

Thank you so much, the first link you posted was so helpful. Sadly I didn't think to look inside someone's signature for such critical information, hope it can be stickied one day.
  9. I

Struggling to know where to begin with Freddd's protocol

Hi all, I have read a reasonable amount of material on this forum, including: Active B12 Protocol Basics Freddd's Protocol - Getting Started A guide to Freddd's Protocol Active B12 Therapy FAQ I still have a bunch of questions. Forgive me if these are answered somewhere, I have looked around...