• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Methylation for over-methylators - advice needed

[Bold highlights are my own] Could you restate the part I bolded? I'm having trouble fitting AdoCbl (coenzyme b-12) as a cause for this within the framework of the methionine, folic acid, etc. cycles I know of. I would have thought methyl-cobalamin could do this due to the excess methyl group...
  2. E

I haven't, and it's becoming clear I should. I came to this forum in researching MTHFR and associated mutations I've discovered through 23andme testing. It seems clear that testing of various bodily compounds is the essential thing to do to determine what's going on, and in turn, what is being...
  3. E

The broad classifications of over and under-methylation are grossly inadequate, I think. That's made clear in situations like this. Based on the mix of symptoms that many have from both categories --not to mention the overlapping symptoms in each-- and the specific enzymes that we know affect...