• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Question for CBS (+/-) or (+/+) people on the Cutler protocol

If I relied on the all the well meaning doctors, books, websites, blogs and forums I read on detoxification, Lyme, leaky gut, methylation, etc., I can guarantee I would still be going downhill. Not only would I not have received proper treatment but I would not have been correctly diagnosed in...
  2. A

Contrary to what is stated by many experts, DMSA alone did virtually nothing to reduce my lead levels. Intravenous EDTA knocked it out the best for me. I also found oral DMSA is the best for Mercury chelation, at least for me. DMSA has the strongest affinity for Mercury but a weaker one for...
  3. A

Yes, perhaps, but after 24 years of unexplained grand mal seizures, brain fog and hormone disruption I found the heavy metals to be the cause. Since my metals are down I have not had any more seizures and thyroid, T and brain fog have improved dramatically. Improving my methylation has really...
  4. A

I have been taking 25 MG of R-ALA, 6 x day continually since January 2 of this year and with no noticeable adverse effects. I admit I have missed my 2:00 AM dose several times. I also take 500 MG OF DMSA 3 times per day for 3 days straight for Mercury. I had 30 rounds of IV EDTA which got my...
  5. A

Alpha Lipoic Acid is not a chelator but is an active promoter of glutathione (GSH) production like NAC, MSM and others. Glutathione is our main detoxifier of metals and other toxins and is stored in the liver. Unlike many glutathione precursors, ALA can also cross the blood brain barrier. If...
  6. A

Don't get me wrong, Dr. James Roberts (Heartfixer) is a good doctor and a good man. I can almost recite his website verbatim on Methyl Cycle NutriGenomics. You will find his writings to be a regurgitation of Dr. Amy Yasko's work with his own twist on heart disease. I have three CBS ++ and +-...
  7. A

Thinking about starting a methylation protocol, is this a good one?

Hello. I am a new poster here but have been lurking in the background for several months. I enjoy the many views and high level of participation by many members on Phoenix Rising. I started using All-In-One two months ago for its low B6 and like it a lot. I was taking LEF Two-Per-Day...