• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Marky90

Recovery of 3 Severe ME/CFS Patients After Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery (2018 / Peter Rowe)

No worries! Not really, its more related to doing activities upright (physical or mental). It`s like I feel the nerve signals trying to get through my brain stem;P If I drink alcohol it goes away (which makes the nervous system work slower), so definitely something with the nervous system I...
  2. Marky90

Pulmonary Hypertension caused by Sleep Apnea

This is so interesting! I also had pulmonary hypertension diagnosed 4-5 years ago of unknown cause, and will do a sleep study this month. Ill update u about it!
  3. Marky90

Day four of Plasmapheresis

Depends on what you are removing with the plasmapheresis
  4. Marky90

Impaired Cardiac Function study in Journal of Internal Medicine:

Hi. Im from the future.. Did they follow up on these findings?
  5. Marky90

How can I truly know if I have ME/CFS?

PEM is the main symptom of the disease, but it might not be so obvious early on. It`s possible to be completely exhausted at the start, without delayed PEM, and have ME/CFS. I would say that if u months on from now still cant increase ur functioning level, and especially if the pushing makes u...
  6. Marky90

Petechia - tiny red spots - mainly on arms (burst blood vesels)

Just an update from me The dermatologist had no idea what it was, and didnt think they would find out if they took a skin sample either :rofl: Well then.. Can I ever get something doctors can help me with:rolleyes:
  7. Marky90

In Memory of Shawn Kregan (SK2018)

I can`t believe what I`m reading..:( This systematic neglect of a human being
  8. Marky90

Cause of Death among Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Haha no worries! Ur right though a pretty big study found telomere shortening in patients satisfying the Fukuda-criteria, and also in patients with fatigue as the only criteria Edit: the studies on mortality are separate from the telomere study^^
  9. Marky90

Telomore shortening is found in multiple chronic conditions (like diabetes), so im not sure it`s indicative of a shortened life-span necessarily. The studies on mortality and ME has been kind of inconclusive, although there does seem to be a higher risk of cardiovascular disease and hodgkins...
  10. Marky90

I legit have a scaly lesion at the exact same place haha.. Luckily i already have a booked appointment with a dermatologist for eye psoriasis or else i probably wouldnt think two seconds about it
  11. Marky90

Petechia - tiny red spots - mainly on arms (burst blood vesels)

Finally i found out what the name is! And this thread Ive had this small patch on my arm for half a year, sometimes it gets light red and sometimes its barely visible. If i stretch my skin it goes away, so seems like its related to blood vessels
  12. Marky90

Im outta here. Thank you for everything.

Let me know how u fare Murph!:thumbsup:
  13. Marky90

Im outta here. Thank you for everything.

Just adding that a doctor i visited hypothesized the same thing. I asked if it also cud be cus it made the nervous system function slower, he thought that was possible too. I get massive symptom relief if i drink
  14. Marky90

ME/CFS for 18 years, recently diagnosed with D-Lactic acidosis as cause of symptoms and illness.

I also have elevated L-lactate in blood, interesting. R u still doing keto? Was wondering if i shud try it
  15. Marky90

Message from Prof. Ron Davis--What we need to accelerate research

Do u have his phone number? :cool:
  16. Marky90

Davis speech from Millions Missing. Some new info on metabolic trap hypothesis

Intriguing speech. Looking forward to more details!
  17. Marky90

Help with reading results

I think it means you have had an ebv infection in the past? Most have. Maybe someone else can chime in
  18. Marky90

Recovery of 3 Severe ME/CFS Patients After Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery (2018 / Peter Rowe)

Yea but it wont assist me treat anything though, although i imagine you would see hypoperfusion or whatever its called^^
  19. Marky90

34 year-old ME sufferer found dead

A lot of fighters leaving us lately.. So very sad
  20. Marky90

Interesting, think im gonna do the spine and head MR i originally cancelled
  21. Marky90

Now very severe HELP

Sending :angel::angel::angel:
  22. Marky90

Leg's hurting

Hey Jessie! Same for me! Started feeling more lactic acid around the two year mark, theres also small cramps and "strained" feeling depending on what u have been doing.
  23. Marky90

After 3 years with cfs able to exercise and feel energised - what next?

That sounds very promising! For me it has been consistent that, when i thought i was better, and tried to exercise - i never felt re-energised. I would know i`m recovered/better when that changes! If youre not getting any in increase in symptoms after or during exercise, it seems u could...
  24. Marky90

Can Rituximab work in patients with no known autoimmunity?

If it was not so expensive i would agree, i still think its reasonable to try in vacuum
  25. Marky90

Can Rituximab work in patients with no known autoimmunity?

You have a phase 3 showing it doesnt work, as well as anecdotal reports from those taking it privately. I mean, it might be 5-15 perc who get some response, and some very few few with lasting effect - but then one really seems to be clutching at straws, and the hypothesis is now not supported by...
  26. Marky90

I need some positive news

Not sure how thats relevant tho..
  27. Marky90

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

Wow that is HUGE!!! Like, thats a breakthrough in itself. And to OMF/Davis as well. Hells yes!
  28. Marky90

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

So the transaction has been made? I just logged in to see this, and then that the twitter is expected to be fake so a bit bewildered here