• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

HTLV 1 & 2 Antibody Test Online?

I'm sure you have a labcorp around you. You can use http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=search_results to order the test and just go to any lapcorp with a print out of the lab form. Looks like the antibody test is $400, you can get a discount by taking a quick survey in the upper...
  2. G

Lombardi et al 2011 - cytokine signature in CFS

They also only used patients that came down with acute illness as their initial presentation of cfs. I wonder if using other cfs+ xmrv+ cohorts would have different results.
  3. G

Hmmm, one of the few abnormal blood tests I've had is a almost nonexistent igA (Immunoglobulin A). igA is the antibody responsible for mucosal immunity. It exists in saliva, upper airway, GI tract etc. Coincidence? Anyone else test low igA?
  4. G

Is it going to resolve the controversy? Probably not. Is it a complete slap in the face to anyone that said it was contamination? It sure is. They showed a correlation to empirical data with these tests rather than to a list of symptoms. This is much harder to discredit, and also much easier to...
  5. G

Meh, probably mouse contamination...
  6. G

VIP Dx/WPI Serology (Antibody) Test Results

Just got the letter from my Drs office. Positive my serology... Mild to moderate symptoms.
  7. G

The Waiting Game

Culture is taking your blood and growing the virus for detection. Serology is checking the blood for antibodies to the virus, not the virus itself. At the moment a positive serology result does not differentiate between XMRV or the other mlvs.
  8. G

The Waiting Game

So glad to here you have finally gotten somewhat conclusive results. God knows we have all been trying for years for something conclusively wrong with us . I still have a long few weeks before I receive my results. If you don't mind me asking, what was you and your friends onset like and...
  9. G

The Waiting Game

Just had my doctor sign the form and sent out the kit this afternoon. I'm just so scared and conflicted on how to feel. I don't want an incurable retrovirus, but I desperately want to know what has destroyed my life.