• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Comment by 'BBB' in 'Illness Has Come Over Me - Ending the Gluten Free Experiment?'

Hi Im so sorry you are suffering. I have 2 sick adult children so Im familiar with suffering. Are you familiar with Rotation Diet. My oldest has multiple food allergies sensitivities etc. He always gets a little better on this diet. this is one of many websites for it...
  2. B

Who are the 10% that get better

Dear Nikefourstar, It's hard to give any useful response because I don't know the whole story.I have FMS for 20 years and I am almost normal now and pain free. My son has CFS for 10 years and he is still quite sick How old are you? Have you been diagnosed by a real CFS/ME doctor? Where do you...
  3. B

Disappointing Visit to Dr. Montoya's PA

I see you are already seeing Dr Chia and OMI. We have given up on our expectations for Stanford. And their success rate is about 30%. I read that some people have been on antivirals for 7 to 10 years before they had good results. Regarding LDN, a lot depends on the fillers the pharmacy uses to...
  4. B

Dr. Chia's treatments

My son age 23 just returned from his doctor, John Chia, (1-310-784-5880) an infectious disease doctor in LA, who thinks Ampligen is ineffective. Regarding valtrex, my son almost died on Valtrex given by another doctor. Dr. Chia believes in testing for the actual virus you have and treating that...
  5. B

Positive valcyte experiences

P.S I have a lot more information, if you need it. Dr. Chia is Chinese, trained at UCLA. I don't know which languages he speaks.
  6. B

Positive valcyte experiences

Hi My son age 23 just returned from his doctor, John Chia, (1-310-784-5880) an infectious disease doctor in LA, who thinks Ampligen is ineffective. He says he has 4 patients who did not benefit from it. Regarding valtrex, my son almost died on Valtrex given by another doctor. Dr. Chia believes...