• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

help for CFS from abroad. no time, no income, no energy, no insurance, no help

Although I'm not sure whether I get to choose, those are my thoughts exactly. As I don't have a "home" in the US, I would assume anywhere is a possibility. good to know about the homeless situation. Thanks for sharing :)
  2. E

yeah, someone else was saying the same thing. Thanks Gingergrrl :)
  3. E

wow, that's.. hmmm... as I don't have a "home" to go home to, if the embassy helps me get back, it would seem that anywhere in The US is a possibility. that being said, if disability benefits are based on where you live, I don't have the time or energy right now to research where I MIGHT be...
  4. E

yeah, that's what I'm getting at. It's great to hear that people trying to heal from ME/CFS do often get help from social services. But yeah, the time frame is what's hindering me. Most options people are giving me revolve around homelessness. This is like going from a tough situation to a...
  5. E

this is another interesting idea. Let me get back to you on this as I don't have any more computer time left today. thanks for your help :)
  6. E

thank you for that tidbit of information regarding an ME doctor in Japan. Although their clinic is too far to travel to, I did email them to see if they know of any doctors around Tokyo. That being said, I don't think I'll be in Japan much longer due to my health and visa situation. So...
  7. E

I've contacted the embassy and am waiting for their reply. As for disability and social services, these things all take time, their is a process and from what I understand CFS is not really recognized as a disease so there is a good possibility I would be denied even after the wait. I'm really...
  8. E

I'm in Japan and "home" although I don't have one, my home country would be The US thank you both for your replies
  9. E

I'll try to keep this as short as I can to help anyone interested in expressing their ideas. I have had CFS for 10 years. It happened just before going abroad. It has kept me from working enough to get back to my home country. I have been mostly dependent on girlfriends, savings and part-time...