• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bananas

Two weeks into the simplified protocol, advice and encouragement please...!

Thanks Sushi - this makes the difference a bit clearer then. My husband is now looking at taking some adrenal support at the same time and he thinks it could be key to coping. He has always been very concerned about adrenal fatigue.
  2. Bananas

Oh gosh - I am confused now - maybe I got mixed up. I think we are doing Rich's first, and may then change to Fredd's if it doesn't work out. Maybe it is not methylcolbalamin.... I get very mixed up with all the names and brand names and variations, what with it all being a new endeavour...
  3. Bananas

Thank you both for answering. Sushi, I think we will be doing what you did - tiny doses. Thing was, when he first had symptoms we thought it was great that something was obviously happening, but after two weeks of him feeling not so good, we started wondering whether there was a time period...
  4. Bananas

Hello and thank you to all the people who gave me some advice a few weeks back. After considering what everyone was saying, we decided to try Rich's revised simplified protocol on my husband, and see what happened. Our biggest fear was that nothing would happen, but quite the reverse, we got...
  5. Bananas

Depression Poll

I find your post very moving, and it has made me think, and a lot of it chimes in with our experience. The first thing was acceptance, and that took a couple of years. A close friend told me to get out of my marriage because I didn't have to have this illness of his. I didn't get out, and she...
  6. Bananas

Depression Poll

I even have my own doubts about autoinmune diseases. Why would the system that was created to deffend you, attacked you? Is our body so stupid? I doubt that. This is a really interesting question. I spent a lot of years on threads about infertility as I tried desperately to have a second...
  7. Bananas

Depression Poll

I am not sure that feeling suicidal is always a symptom of clinical depression. To commit suicide might feel like a logical conclusion in the face of overwhelming environmental pressures. So for instance a terminal patient, or Captain Oates, or a man who faces bankruptcy but whose family would...
  8. Bananas

Depression Poll

People suffering from clinical depression get very angry when people who get down about life say they are 'depressed' and that there is no semantic differentiation between their condition and the state of being 'fed up'. Which is why I am always careful to make the distinction - out of respect...
  9. Bananas

Depression Poll

One thing that antidepressants have truly accomplished over the last few decades is making doctors particularly lazy, lumping anything they didn't know into the "psychosomatic" box, and dispatching the patient with antidepressant pills like it was candy. Big pharma made out like bandits too. My...
  10. Bananas

Depression Poll

Yes! He could tell you exactly what he would like to do! Go for long walks for a start, travel abroad again, develop his career, etc.
  11. Bananas

Depression Poll

No I didn't mean that all the symptoms were the same. I meant that a person with clinical depression might have, let's say, fatigue as a result, and so might someone with M.E. or someone with clinical depression might struggle to hold a conversation and so might someone with M.E. Not that the...
  12. Bananas

Depression Poll

My husband finds having CFS depressing. But he is not clinically depressed. Some days, it all gets too much for him and he becomes overwhelmed about the fact that he has been ill for 15 years, and he gets very upset. After a good outburst, he usually feels a whole lot better. We live within...