• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Scholarships

I would like to go back to school, but I don't have money to pay for it. In the field I'm interested in it's common for schools to offer assistantships with tuition wavers and stipends, but they're only for full time students. I don't think I have the energy to go full time. Does anyone know if...
  2. G

Tendency to overestimate or underestimate how much you can do

I'm really in the minority. I'm the only one who underestimates. I guess I'm just very cautious.
  3. G

Life as a Student with ME/CFS

I got sick my first year of college. I dropped out and took a long break, and when I went back it took about 6 years to finish. I found I was only able to do well if I kept a part time schedule to limit the work load. You might want to do that. I'm amazed that with the severity of symptoms you...
  4. G

work advice

I didn't tell them anything at the interview, but when she was planning my schedule I said something vague about recovering from an illness to explain why I wanted shorter hours. It worked out well.
  5. G

Light therapy

I use a sun lamp in the morning. It definitely wakes me up. I had a reversed sleep pattern too, and the light helps with that.
  6. G

Cymbalta

Hmm. I had a real CFS doc prescribe it for me because he thought it might increase my energy. It didn't cause me any problems, but it didn't help either.
  7. G

work advice

Thank you all for your comments.
  8. G

work advice

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm wondering about people's experiences with work. I just graduated from college (which took a long time because of CFS), and am looking for jobs. Finding work is hard enough because of the current economy, but what makes it especially hard for me are my limitations due...