• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

Andrew: Glad I could give the last donation to put you over the top! I am so appreciative of the work of the WPI. All the best, Kent.
  2. K

Newsweek: Validation In A Virus?

This is a very interesting article. I'm sure there are some legitimate concerns about the prominence given to some people from CDC, especially when their efforts have been so poor at detecting the virus, but this seems like an early Christmas present. I know there is more information they...
  3. K

Article: A Man From Whom Viruses Cant Hide - Chang Lee/The New York Times on Dr. Ia

Sean: I believe I have now put forward well-founded criticism of Lipkin and Hornig's work regarding the measles virus and the gastro-intestinal issues of children with autism. Specifically, the patient selection criteria as well as the site selection for biopsies. Given that this research...
  4. K

Article: A Man From Whom Viruses Cant Hide - Chang Lee/The New York Times on Dr. Ia

Sean: This is from a critique of Lipkin and Hornig's work on the measles virus and autism. It raises issues of the quality of their work in controversial areas. The critique seems to center around two important areas, patient selection (a problem I know your community has complained about...
  5. K

I really do hope Lipkin is the man he has been presented in the New York Times article. I'm just informing you what our community's experience has been with him. Now, could that be just bad luck? Certainly! But if our community was excited about a researcher who'd had a hand in going after...
  6. K

Cort: I must respectfully disagree with you on Lipkin's interpretation of the measles research regarding children with autism and otherwise normally developing children with gastro-intestinal problems. The measles virus should clear from the body relatively quickly after a vaccination...
  7. K

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

VDR Results for Autistic Child Dear Group: My daughter's results from the Yasko test are as follows: VDR Bsm/TAQ -/- VDR Fok -/- VDR Taq -/- As I read this thread it seems she would be ideal for GcMaf. Should I bring up with my daughter's very open-minded doctor? All the...
  8. K

The Age of Autism Blog: My wife, my daughter and XMRV

To LJS and the other wonderful members of this forum. I believe that the XMRV angle will seem to come out of the blue for many in the autism community. If you could comment on my article and in a kind way deflect some of the things that have been said, like the question of co-morbidity, it...