• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

New to LDN

Thanks for yr response @Eeyore..sorry you also didnt get any real improvements.. It's quite a disappointment isnt it I always took LDN at night and just stuck to ordering the liquid rather than tablets I worked my way up slowly thru the dosages from November 2014, and was on 4.5 by April 2015 I...
  2. L

New to LDN

Reluctantly giving up on LDN after ten months trial Have not really had any longterm positive helpful results with it I am wondering has anyone else found this has happened..or has anybody come off it then found they felt significantly worse and took it up again?
  3. L

New to LDN

Thanks @Sushi ..i hadnt made the connection that higher dose Naltrexone is available to buy over the counter.
  4. L

New to LDN

The pharmacy ive been using ( Dickson in Glasgow) have supplied me with liquid LDN so far,but i'd like to swap to 50 mg tablets as it would work out much cheaper,just like you said @ Sushi I think Dicksons in Glasgow only offer 3,3.5,or 4 mg tho - to buy 50 mg tablets i might have to use the...
  5. L

New to LDN

Thanks for yr fast response Sushi! And for clarifying the slow/ fast question! I HAVE found my mood has improved most days,due i guess to those endorphins :)
  6. L

New to LDN

Hi everyone ..slowly worked up thru LDN doses for the last five months. Now on 4.5..find i have only a few nightmares now, and while i don't have more energy,i DO feel a little stronger and fall asleep more easily and for longer So...i will continue with LDN.. But not sure what dose to stick...
  7. L

UK: The Wright Stuff 19th March - Does M.E. still carry a stigma?

Maybe watch later on catch up wastwater if you miss it x
  8. L

UK: The Wright Stuff 19th March - Does M.E. still carry a stigma?

Thanks Bob,didnt realise there was already a thread x Will be interesting to hear what is said..in my experience,nothing much has changed in the 19 years ive had it..still astigma,still a lack of empathy from most people. I got far more kind words when i fractured my wrist,tho of course i...
  9. L

The Wright Show Channel 5 Thursday 19th March 2015

tomorrow morning's Wright Show is an ME phone in It's on from 9 - 11 Channel 5 in the Uk x
  10. L

New to LDN

Hi @Folk! Thats good advice for anyone like me who finds LDN quite potent stuff.... I guess i havent done as you suggest purely coz i dont have a syringe that's marked so precisely. Going up in halves seems too fast,so i go up in quarters now,which seems ok( ish) Think i' ll see if i can find a...
  11. L

New to LDN

Thanks @Sushi x if i decide to use LDN longterm,i will go for that method,it sounds like the cheapest way,which is important if i'm possibly going to be on this for years. So far,sleeping longer (but lots of bad dreams) is the major benefit,as i usually have quite a lot of insomniacal nights...
  12. L

New to LDN

Hi @Sushi! ..thanks for fast response x For my last order, i was sent two bottles,both stating on the labels that they each contain 68 mls..not mgs. The previous bottles i had also stated mls. I' m puzzled as to why when i rang for my second prescription i was asked did i want to order 3/ 3.5 or...
  13. L

New to LDN

Hi x i' m soon to finish my first prescription of LDN...have needed to progress quite slowly..I've gone from 0.3 to 3 mls in 16 weeks..taking advice from members here to go up in less than 0.5 increments as have had some bad reactions when ive increased,then it settles down and i increase...
  14. L

In a crash, I am a mess...

Misfit Toy, youre feeling dreadful but still found time to welcome me to the forum I really appreciate that! When i saw yr message,i thought how well and happy you look. Just shows how deceptive appearances are. I really hope 2015 brings health and wellbeing x Have you tried LDN? Ive not long...
  15. L

New to LDN

Thanks @Sushi ! X
  16. L

New to LDN

I' m taking LDN in the morning as i read that taking it at night causes insomnia ( which i have regular bouts of anyway) I also read that it doesnt make any difference if you take it morning or evening,but again have read that its more advantageous to take it at night. Any thoughts on this?
  17. L

New to LDN

Yes i' ll take that on board sushi and be careful. I thought dr's instructions to only make raises of 0.5 seemed very cautious..but LDN may be more powerful than i realised! Feeling better than yesterday but still pretty grotty :0( unsure if its LDN reaction or just the usual Ups n downs of...
  18. L

New to LDN

Hi Sushi,thanks for replying..Doc told me to go up once a fortnight by 0.5 ..i hadn't thought of going up by even smaller increments - thats good advice thanks!
  19. L

New to LDN

Hi and Thanks Ahmo for yr response and the links x very pleased to hear that your stamina has increased,that's really good news!
  20. L

New to LDN

Not sure this is the right place to post but.. Hi it's good to find Phoenix Rising. I started on 0.5 ml LDN 2 weeks ago. No good effects or bad effects ( i have M.E. and hypothyroidism) This morning as prescribed, i went up to one ml LDN and have felt dreadful all day. I take LDN a.m. As i have...