• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. maksikker

What's this symptom?

@Valentijn, I thought that it might just be vertigo, but it's usually accompanied by palpitations. I forgot to add that. So I think something else may be going on... Great idea, @ukxmrv! Thanks :D
  2. maksikker

What's this symptom?

Hey everyone, I don't really know what to call this. Sometimes I get dizzy, but more than that it almost feels like my head is wobbling a little. Sounds funny, right? :P But it's really hard to focus when it happens. I notice it most often after I've been pushing myself and I sit down.
  3. maksikker

Doctors near Kentucky?

In her defense, we had a miscommunication. She told me that she wanted me to find another doctor, but long story short I thought it was also OK to just get my lab work done here and she would still write the prescriptions. It's because I haven't seen her in person for a long while and she's...
  4. maksikker

Doxycycline

Yes I've been tested for lyme 3 times, but I don't know how to evaluate whether the testing was adequate. I'd love to do more of my own research, but I don't know what sources of information are trustworthy. It seems like there's a lot of misinformation out there, a lot of people who aren't...
  5. maksikker

Doxycycline

Hi everyone, I've been on doxy 100 mg 2x/day for over a year. My symptoms are mostly joint and muscle related, with fatigue and brain fog, too. To answer the OP's question: I've had no problems. Sometimes it hurts my stomach to take it, but i Ijust take some tums or eat something and I'm fine...
  6. maksikker

Doctors near Kentucky?

looks like i might actually have to put a prescription in to check out
  7. maksikker

Doctors near Kentucky?

I'm not self treating, it's what my doctor recommends, she just doesn't want to write the actual prescription. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you? What's up with that website? Are they reputable? I thought antibiotics were federally regulated... I didn't get it through a specialty lab, both my...
  8. maksikker

Doctors near Kentucky?

I don't have Lyme from what I can tell. I've been tested 3 times. Isn't this a chronic fatigue forum? That's what I have, and I've been on doxy for over a year for a bacterial infection. Thanks for the welcome, Ema! I actually just started looking into LLMDs right before I looked back at this...
  9. maksikker

Doctors near Kentucky?

Does anyone have recommendations? I need to find someone that prescribes long-term antibiotics ASAP, I just found out that my doctor is going to to prescribe 1 month's worth more and then will write a letter to another doc describing the treatment plan she has in mind. Please help if you can! I...