• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Please help Karina Hansen, severe ME patient, by signing these petitions! Video link included!

Just a final thought: I would advise anyone who is fearful this may happen to them in future, to draw up an Advance Directive. This can say how you wish to be treated in future if you are ever deemed to not have mental capacity - this can apply to any condition including neurologjcal conditions...
  2. F

Please help Karina Hansen, severe ME patient, by signing these petitions! Video link included!

Thanks for the info @leela . I only just picked up this thread after newly joining. As Karina is a young adult then she should have her own rights. Do we know if she has a lawyer? And do we know if Denmark has an independent mental health advocacy type service or a tribunals service - a service...
  3. F

Hello, Is Karina still being held in hospital? This is horrendous but tragically not surprising as it's happening increasingly in the UK too. I don't know what the system is over in Denmark but in the UK if a patient is sectioned they can have the support of an independent mental health...
  4. F

Comment by 'fizzyapples' in 'More Books for CFS Self-Healers'

I can't stand reading information like this which claims depression and emotional neglect need to be addressed in CFS. But, it's not the author's fault; it is the system that's wrong and until that is improved, ignorance won't either. ME has to be properly differentiated from chronic fatigue...
  5. F

Comment by 'fizzyapples' in 'More Books for CFS Self-Healers'

This has nothing to do with ME so why is it appearing on an ME forum? Depression causes chronic fatigue, but that is VERY different to the chronic fatigue experienced in myalgic Encephalomyelitis. The author of this blog obviously doesn't realise that fact. The author was probably suffering...