• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. alcurtis93

Completely lost

Cumbria is stunning. Just wish I could get out and see it like I used to! :)
  2. alcurtis93

Completely lost

W Where would I get these tests you mentioned Where would I get those two tests you mention and what would I do with results of the 23andme? Thanks for replying
  3. alcurtis93

Completely lost

Thanks for the advice. I could try see a gastro. I'm going to to to my GP for the first time in about 9 months next week so I'll discuss it all. I've never been abroad so it isn't that.
  4. alcurtis93

Completely lost

I've had crp I'm sure. Not sure of any others sorry
  5. alcurtis93

Completely lost

I shall look at the Dr you mention. It seems daft that I should have to travel such distances to see a doctor. I've seen talk of tests costing £3000 which is very high. I'm glad religion helps you but it isn't for me. I only really align with Buddhism.
  6. alcurtis93

Completely lost

I have tried to educate with no result. I've lost all friends as they've moved away to go to uni and travel. I'm very much alone. I have IBS and chronic prostatitis which I've had since 16. Completely ruined my life until I managed to get relief from them and then started working. During this...
  7. alcurtis93

Completely lost

I'm from Cumbria in the north west of england. I've had blood tests at the the hospital and nothing was found. I must add that back in march of this year I changed my diet to completely follow Dr myhills and I also did a technique to block all negative thoughts and I had a period of maybe 3...
  8. alcurtis93

Completely lost

I have had this illness now for 2.5 years. I'm 22. In this time, I've tried next to nothing (Gupta and Dr myhill supplements protocol). I've not had the funds, support or knowledge to know where to start or what to do. None of my family believe in the illness so have been unwilling to take me...
  9. alcurtis93

In need of a little advice

Thanks mate, I'll put these to him. I'm pretty sure I've had every test the NHS offers but I'll see what he says. I do get intermittent bouts of very intense breathing difficulties. I can be calm and relaxed and yet it'll still be there. Feels like I have someone pushing down on my chest. Very...
  10. alcurtis93

6 hours for me to get there and I've nobody to take me down or go with me (parents won't even allow me to try different diets as it will interfere with my mums weight watchers and I don't have the energy to consistently prepare my own meals daily. Not in a great situation really. Anyone had...
  11. alcurtis93

I tried antibiotics maybe 4 years ago but I never bothered again. The urologist and GP said everything seemed fine so never bothered again. Just dealt with the pain as best I could. Improved massively when I started working and going to the gym a lot. Who knows what's going on in there. I find...
  12. alcurtis93

I have repetitive strain like pain. Struggle to type or use phones. I don't think that quite fits the bill for that syndrome but thanks for your input
  13. alcurtis93

Thanks for all your replies. I have been given the diagnosis of CFS. I don't have painful joints apart from in my hands nor regularly suffer from headaches so I guess that rules out the ME aspect? My biggest symptoms are of course fatigue, brain fog, very fatigued after doing things outside my...
  14. alcurtis93

I'm in south Cumbria which is maybe 3 hours away from Newcastle
  15. alcurtis93

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums so let me introduce myself. I'm 21, had CFS/ME for 19 months now. I have had a progressive decline in my condition from being able to work after my initial crash (gp said it was just pvf and I would do no harm pushing myself) to now being primarily...