• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

I can't eat protein

Damn thats a lot, I'm taking 650mg at any meal. Yesterday with 5 eggs which is like 30 hram of protein. The only time I tried to take 2 capsules I had a lot of pain
  2. F

I can't eat protein

Yes I know wasn't long but it was the tenth medication I tried and I was just getting frustrated. But it seems to be working, I'm able to eat with caution protein, fats and carbs with HCL and Pepsin. I did the test prior to taking HCL and never burped :| And I probably do have SIBO but I...
  3. F

Has anyone tried either Rerum or Imuno ("new forms" of GcMAF)? I need advice

I must be so outdated I remember GcMaf being a probiotic in Yogurt form. Is it supposed to be the same? Really really Hope it helps you!
  4. F

I can't eat protein

Yes H Pilory, ulcers, gastritis, parasites are all off the table. I drink filtered water, don't drink with meals and I'm chewing more than ever (I never was to careful with that) I think here in brazil the best way is to have a compound pharmacy do these enzymes. I don't think I'll find any...
  5. F

I can't eat protein

I havn't tried JUST fats as I found in the begining that high fat was the worst for the burning sensation. Now protein seems to be the bigger problem although I don't feel burning, I feel really bad, with pain and upset stomach.
  6. F

I can't eat protein

Yes I probably have SIBO. But would that make sense? I get stomach pain (right in the stomach) 2-3 minutes after I eat. And the problem is protein, I get better with sugar (at least on the stomach area and for a while). Shouldn't it be all in reverse? I don't eat gluten, no chron's and Candida...
  7. F

Has anyone tried either Rerum or Imuno ("new forms" of GcMAF)? I need advice

Hey Sergio I remember your recovery... Is there any reason not to try it? (sorry if that's a dumb question)
  8. F

I can't eat protein

I've been on keto for years, and was slowly switching to carniovre as I felt soo much better without veggies. But that lasted only 2-3 months and my stomach crashed. It's been arround 3 monhts since I can't eat well, I've already lost 15 pounds. I though it was any kind of food until I tried to...
  9. F

Who Would You See to Heal Your Gut?

The thing is, my problem is in the stomach. It's right after eating, like 2-3 minutes. I don't think bacteria has that much impact there.
  10. F

Who Would You See to Heal Your Gut?

I was being treated by Dr. Kaufman and was kind of stable until something broke in my gut. Although he has some guessess I do think he's not so sure what to do now... If you had this priority and this only, to examine extensively and treat your gut... Considering you have ME and FMS Which...
  11. F

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I found really hard to stay on only meat diet, I just didn't wanna eat, meat was becoming repulsive, specially after trying ox liver (I didn't do it correctly but it made nauseous for the rest of the day). Triied for a little bit more than a week and didn't see many benefits (know it's a short...
  12. F

Kenny De Meirleir treatment

Ok if language is your best argument I'm outta here. (I meant what I said) Just gave my 2 cents on KDM ethics. Good luck to the OP.
  13. F

I just meant prosecuted, 1 letter typo. My native language is portuguese do you speak any of it? we can try that. (or spanish) I'm guessing no. He surely was persecuted too though, but with good reason. Yes he published on his book by $89.24 on Kindle or $172,95 Hardcover (talking about...
  14. F

Well the point it's not about the quality of information but the unethical decision of witholding information. @unicorn7 was defending him, and he has all the rights to do so, I just pointed facts. The prosecution and the fact he's associated with the labs he orders tests. His answer was he...
  15. F

http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/CallForResignation.htm
  16. F

Carnivore Diet for ME?

We normally do it with coarse salt on a stick on barbecue (with charcoal and fire) like this: https://content.paodeacucar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/melhores-carnes-para-churrasco-cora%C3%A7%C3%A3o.jpg But that's just the optimal way, you don't have to do all this job. Just using salt and...
  17. F

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Try chicken heart. It's total social conditioning. Here in Brazil chicken heart is expensive and present in any barbecue (I live in the south, Rio Grande do Sul, the place know for it's barbecue along with Uruguay and Argentina) and tastes delicious.
  18. F

Carnivore Diet for ME?

!!! I came across this in the start of my research too. I kinda follow Jordan Peterson (admire his courage, and intelligence. Agree with a lot of his stuff. Not so fan of his body language and comunication skills, which would be really important for the battle his trying to fight. In other...
  19. F

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Was about to create this thread when I saw yours. Thankfuly you did it, cause I'd do a pretty wrose job :p I'm in a similar situation, Keto for some time, and now trying the carnivore road. It kinda makes perfect sense for me from everything I read/watched. Even though I'm trying not to be...
  20. F

His consults are about 5-10 minutes. He has a room full of patients every morning. He probably look at 50 patients per day. He uses labs that are associated with him for VERY expensive and unproven tests. Thats a lot of money... He was even presecuted for not publishing his "discoveries". He...
  21. F

Dr. Kaufman patients. Anyone Bartonella positive in Galaxy Lab being treated here?

He said to me, about a year. But I would guess it would depends on your response. And who told about "drug induced fever"? Never heard of it and it makes a lot more sense. Most people would call it "herxing" and would see having high fever as a good sign that the body was reacting to the...
  22. F

Dr. Kaufman patients. Anyone Bartonella positive in Galaxy Lab being treated here?

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think Dr. Kaufman has anything to do with quackery at all! He's one of the best doctors I've been to. Caring and thoughtful. I just meant he might be going the wrong way (or not, who knows).
  23. F

Same here (as I expected)... Just found out Dr. Kaufman is not at OMI anymore, will contact him soon but I think I already know what the feedback will be.
  24. F

Interesting first appointment with Dr. KDM

Ok I don't mean to fight with you or anyone. I hope the best for all. But I wouldn't recomend a loved one to see KDM. I had an appt for +-10 minutes where he didn't even touched me till I asked for it, and he just touched me to show a place where I would have pain when we talked about...
  25. F

Not really a joke and I'm happy for you but I've seen patients and patients taking 3-4 years of abx and having nothing but the supposed herx. And people that got way worse, or even another chronic illnesses from too much abx. There's an interview here in the forum if you don't mind searching...
  26. F

Cicero Galli Coimbra Vitamin D Protocol for Autoimmune Diseases

I really hope this works out for you. I've read hundreds of testimonials with all different kind of diseases and spoke to a looooot of patients that had success with this protocol. Unfortanetelly "ME" doesn't even exist here, so the closest I got was some fibro patients
  27. F

I didn't do the test but he said that if it came out positive, yes the treatment would be long course abx.
  28. F

So, I had my first appt with Dr. Kaufman, like 2 years ago. I improved A LOT since then. Like, enough to call it a recovery story (even though I still have chronic pain, sleep more than normal etc). I can live a similar life to normal people, with some restricitions and a more effort. Now, I...
  29. F

Kenny also stated more than a year ago he has found 95% of ME patients actually had Lyme. So that would be the cause, for him of course. (there's a thread about it somewhere) So he either changed to another cause or that's old news and unproven. I had an appt with him and I watched several...
  30. F

Cicero Galli Coimbra Vitamin D Protocol for Autoimmune Diseases

I've never started the protocol on the first place cause I've gotten a lot better throught this year. I don't know what made the most difference. I'm taking currently taking LDN, eating REALLY clean (No dairy, no gluten, no fructose cause I developed malabsorption, no sugar, nothing processed. I...