• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. xena

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

I am once again reminded I have this issue... Klinghardt says that "all cases of (secondary) porphyria that he sees resolve with treatment of the KPU underlying"... So I guess I'm gonna try to treat KPU
  2. xena

Low Libido - Female - ideas?

In retrospect, it was mostly trauma, stress. I do think b6, zinc are important for the sex hormone production and affect thigns too.
  3. xena

Mold infection treatment log

thanks for sharing that...
  4. xena

i Had to stop too much other stuff going on in my life I'd re-add it. I quit the itraconazole in favor of oregano oil btw. the compounded nasal spray was too much die off for me as well hoping to readd at some point.
  5. xena

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

most of us have calcium channel issues. i e we let in too much calcium into our cells. it can definitely make you feel kinda crazy.
  6. xena

Hopeful I'll be feeling better soon 😌 Not having the intense depression I used to feel with die off
  7. xena

I switched to oregano oil and juice. Took a little each day for 5 days Some fatigue, die off. Not nearly as debilitating as in the past but feeling it... Some insomnia and agitation Stopped taking it while the die off calms down I've also been taking big doses of vitamin d, 10k iu so...
  8. xena

I took a swig of oregano juice and 2 oregano oil capsules Needed lots of methyl donor to deal with depression. 3 B complex, 10000iu vitamin d 1 improvement- feeling less dehydrated Thank God for that, that's been honestly scaring me lately. Not sure if that's from the antifungal, b...
  9. xena

I think I'm feeling guided to add selenum
  10. xena

Bumped up to a larger fraction of a capsule yesterday - let's say 40 mg. I experienced insomnia and a headache again. Today morning I feel some stuffiness in the sinuses - that could be die off in the sinus region contributing to insomnia for sure. I added one capsule of Wild oregano oil...
  11. xena

Possible nausea today... we will see
  12. xena

20 mg, I used part of a capsule A headache but not clear... possibly some insomnia
  13. xena

I really need methyl donors.
  14. xena

I've also been struggling with ehs lately. Considering more dnrs for that. Realized my bile acid was pretty low, have been feeling really potent affects from adding supplemental bile plus vitamins a and d However it has been really potent and feeling quite down due to the second order effects
  15. xena

Started on about 20 mg of itraconazole today to assess die off or reaction potential I used to live in moldy buildings a decade ago but still have high urine mycotoxins Going to try itraconazole or oregano oil to see if I can kick what appears to be an ongoing fungal colonization I have...
  16. xena

Do you find your emotions move slowly?

Thank you Kelle, great observations
  17. xena

Fast or fast-ish brain fog busters - what's working for you?

Coffee enemas, treating infections and lemon water
  18. xena

Do you find your emotions move slowly?

Hi all Do you find that your emotions move more slowly and that they tend to hang around for a long time? That processing them takes much longer than what you generally hear from people? I have long felt this. I noticed that this shifts for me on a raw food diet... like the decreased...
  19. xena

Supporting B2 to R5P conversion?

I found that taking folate reduces or eliminates the sulfite issue. I think it might be helping bh4 cycle. I pop a few methylfolate and it makes it much better!!!! I also found that butyrate significantly increases my need for methyl donors. I think it is probably working in the same way in...
  20. xena

Low Libido - Female - ideas?

Hi All, anyone have thoughts on what would contribute to low libido in a woman with CFS? I actually always had a moderately high libido up until about 2018 or '19 at which point I essentially took a few year break in having sex that wasn't fulfilling. I clearly have some trauma contributing...
  21. xena

Supporting B2 to R5P conversion?

I still have the Sulfite issue when consuming seed oils :/ Considering how to decrease inflammation and downregulate cbs... Vitamin D? Prebiotic? Testosterone as mentioned by another member "Maybe that is a problem if you don't have enough testosterone (via DHEA) to regulate CBS, but that is...
  22. xena

Best Lead Binder

All- I seem to be dumping lead again - what works best for you as a binder? I use nanozeolite (Waiora brand) which seems to work well but I do go through a bottle every week... wondering if there may be a more cost effective option. I have tried MCP (modified citrus pectin) but it's too much...
  23. xena

Peptides- Who has used these?

<3 <3 <3 :)
  24. xena

Wow thank you very much 😊 Great information, thank you @Hip
  25. xena

Hey yes I'm curious about the synthetic peptides :) Thank you @YippeeKi YOW !! and @hapl808 Yes there was definitely a time when I wouldn't have touched something like this but I'm feeling more able to now.
  26. xena

Peptides are just coming on my radar. Who has used these, which ones, and how have they been for you? Thanks! https://gordonmedical.com/why-peptides-are-a-big-deal/
  27. xena

Folate can make some undermethylaters worse

Creatine... more effective. B2. Folate as needed. B12
  28. xena

yes- it doesn't give me anxiety anymore. or... to put it another way it takes like 1000s of times more methyl donor to provoke anxiety. my skin did start healing better once i stopped that low sulfur diet. over time, as my inflmmation dropped and body healed, my tolerance for methyl donors has...
  29. xena

which aspect of them? I don't take inositol anymore, no