• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Please help me understand my 23andMe results

Well as if MTHFR and MAO mutations are not enough, I just found out that I am Apo E3/E4 which seems to indicate increased risk for impaired cholesterol metabolism and AD:cautious:...Any suggestions to mitigate these factors?
  2. A

The article addresses the carnitine component which is a known TMAO precursor (a reason I temper my lecithin consumption which also is a potential TMAO booster when metabolized), not creatine ?
  3. A

No problem - I am 33 now. Never tested my sodium levels but I decreased my salt intake over the last 2 yrs after switching from junk food laden with sodium&simple carbs to almost complete exclusion of them today. But my bp has always been 110-120/70-80 before that. Perhaps I was too young to...
  4. A

Thank you for your suggestions, Gandalf. I already cut out all of the gluten and take 100mg/d of R-ALA but I will add creatine. I will reconsider DMAE, thanks. I read some negative reviews about piracetam so it scared me enough to not touch it.
  5. A

No - usually it is ~115/65. It went down a bit from 120/80 after adopting the pescetarian diet which, from what I have read, is a normal consequence with the lower (animal) fat intake.
  6. A

Thank you for your reply, Tania! I am a male - is baby aspirin suggestion applicable to men with this MTHFR mutation too?
  7. A

Thank you @caledonia for chiming in. I looked into the Guide - highly helpful resource, thanks for putting it together. OK, I will lower the niacin dose. I had no idea about MTHFR C677T +/+ until 2 days ago when I received my 23andMe results. Given my MAO R297R +/+, how much 5HTP would be...
  8. A

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, Bosco!!! I take 500mg Niacin (as nicotinic acid) for HDL cholesterol boost/LDL control. I do have occasional anxiety episodes but meditation helps to stay more or less on even keel. Does this mean that I need to opt for hydroxyB12 instead of...
  9. A

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to help me make sense of my 23andMe results. I am completely new to the whole genetic stuff but I am learning so please bear with me. From other posters, I see that you need my methylation and detoxification results via genetic genie as...