• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. goonie8473

sudden dependency on methylb12- every few hours?!

@Martial - this is super delayed, but thank you so much for your response! I have been able to ramp up to 1,000, then 1,600 and even 2,400mcg of methylfolate spread throughout the day (balanced out by up to 6,000-8,000 MB12). I would pop a 400mcg whenever I felt shortness of breath symptoms...
  2. goonie8473

Sudden shortness of breath- b12 malabsorption? potassium?

Hi @Kathevans, This is super delayed, but thank you for your response! And from a fellow Bostonian, nonetheless :) While these symptoms are, of course, not fun, it's nice to know you're not the only one going through them. I'm curious what your dosages of MB12 and methylfolate are now and how...
  3. goonie8473

Oops! You are right- it was 4.2 (edited), so a little on the lower side of normal.
  4. goonie8473

About a year ago I started supplementation for improving methylation, primarily focused on MTHFR A1298C (homozygous) to address lifelong depression, mood swings and fatigue. Using Freddd's protocol as a general guide, I've been tinkering with supplements and increasing dosages of MB12 and...
  5. goonie8473

sudden dependency on methylb12- every few hours?!

Hello -- I have been working on addressing my mutations and starting supplementation for the past 8 months or so and am at a block and very confused and frankly scared, so I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have been reading on this forum for some time (including b12 the hidden...
  6. goonie8473

Starting methylation: b12 sensitive (low potass?) and next steps

Thanks, @Sherpa. It seems like such a fine line between high potassium and low potassium symptoms! My issues started before I was actively trying to have potassium-rich foods. Another interesting thing is that I crave carbonated drinks (mineral water) - baking soda appears to a potassium...
  7. goonie8473

Starting methylation: b12 sensitive (low potass?) and next steps

Hi there - I've been lurking on this forum for months and have pored through hours upon hours of posts. Many thanks to all who share their experiences and provide advice- I'm so grateful to have found PR! I tested my SNPs and have begun methylation with some starts and stops for a few months...
  8. goonie8473

Why does Potassium supp clear up brain fog?

Hi @Gondwanaland - What is the relation between determining acidity/alkalinity in urine PH and determining which electrolytes you need? Where does potassium fall in this?
  9. goonie8473

Symptoms of potassium deficiency while doing methylation protocol

Hi Silverseas2015, Thanks for starting this thread. It seems like there are so many little differences in symptoms for low potassium. Muscle spasms/aches/twitches appear to be very common, but my main symptoms are: - general weakness, low energy, fatigue (sometimes it feels like when you are...
  10. goonie8473

Managing Potassium Insufficency - Pro tips?

Sherpa, I have a lot of the same questions you do regarding potassium! You also mentioned that you had hypoglycemia and was on a low-carb diet- do you still have blood sugar problems? It seems that potassium symptoms seem to be exacerbated by hypoglycemia (or vice versa) - there is definitely...
  11. goonie8473

23andMe results- let the journey begin!

Apologies for the late reply, but thank you both for the very helpful suggestions! Methyl Heath, that is fantastic to hear that you have addressed your depression/anxiety and are no longer on the meddy-go-round. So many people struggle with those both severely and it's inspiring to hear that...
  12. goonie8473

23andMe results- let the journey begin!

Hello - I recently discovered this site and am excited to find such a helpful and knowledgeable community. I've been researching natural ways to treat lifelong symptoms of depression, mood swings, anxiety and brain fog and am delving deeper into supplementation, methylation and genetic testing...