• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. zelda

Transdermal B12 oils

Yes, it seems like there is a bit of a single focus in that group :) Good luck with your dental work.
  2. zelda

Transdermal B12 oils

Thanks Gary, let me know what he says. These are hives in my case and a new thing, have been using the oils for a while now. At least a year, maybe two? I lose track.... I use both the Me and Ad/Me and today got them from the Ad/Me. Interestingly, I am recently chelating AC style and...
  3. zelda

Transdermal B12 oils

Have any of you guys figured out the rash/hives thing from the oils? I have used them for a couple of years now and am just starting to have this reaction. Today, hives and itching within an hour or so of application. (I have been following this thread since the beginning just don't tend to...
  4. zelda

Request Assistance Brainstorming Root-cause of B-Vitamin Deficiencies

Sounds like you have done a lot. Have you ever done a hair test and looked for the "mineral derangement" or "counting rules" that Cutler talks about? Do you have amalgams? Vaccinated? History of possible toxic exposure? Not sure if injections can bypass transport issues caused by toxins...
  5. zelda

Request Assistance Brainstorming Root-cause of B-Vitamin Deficiencies

I would think about two things maybe. Is there something draining these nutrients, ie some sort of toxin, biotoxin, inflammation, etc.. that has yet to be addressed. Or is there some sort of transport issue, reason these things at high doses are just not making it into the cell? Maybe a...
  6. zelda

MAO A advice or experiences?

@Johnmac DAO issue? Do you know your DAO SNPs? Do you take diuretics? I think these can slow down the DAO enzyme. Other things can too. There are other enzymes involved in the histamine pathway, but that is the first that comes to mind.
  7. zelda

PC from Body Bio?

Did you find an answer to this question? I have heard of people saying it causes a "detox" at the cellular level, like a "herx". Maybe something like this is happening??
  8. zelda

Does Anyone Know How Iodine Is Involved In Methylation, Please?

Not sure, but here is some good information on riboflavin. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/riboflavin There are also some enzymes involved in riboflavin transport, just like for B12 and/or folate (and other B vitamins). Those could be slowed for various reasons although I am not sure...
  9. zelda

Does Anyone Know How Iodine Is Involved In Methylation, Please?

Indirectly, it can be involved by its relationship to thyroid function. T4 (thyroxine 4) is needed to convert riboflavin to the active form FAD and FAD is an important cofactor for MTHFR. Low FAD can slow the MTHFR enzyme. So low iodine can lead to lower functioning thyroid which means lower...
  10. zelda

Methylfolate co-factors?

This is great, glad to hear you discovered what seems to be a missing piece. Lowering the folate for now seems a good plan also. Just keep an eye on things and look for any imbalances or changes. Hope it all goes well and maybe you will find you can add some of the other B's in as time goes...
  11. zelda

Methylfolate co-factors?

Sounds like a reasonable place to start. Cofactors can be hard to figure out. If you add a little niacin, it might also help you start to step into adding some other B's. You might also consider more magnesium, and/or a different form. You might need more than the 400 mg now that you are...
  12. zelda

Methylfolate co-factors?

Might be anything but a few thoughts come to mind. How much B12 are you taking? Enough to avoid methyltrap? Could it be potassium deficiency? Or even magnesium? B2 is important in the cycle to keep things moving. B6 also. Are you taking a low dose B complex? If not, maybe a place to...
  13. zelda

Some Confusion?! :( - MethylB12 and VDR taq & COMT

Just found this post from @Vegas on another thread back from 2015. It makes a lot of sense in my personal situation and I believe something to definitely consider. "Supplementation with high-dose vitamins at high concentrations and co-enzymated forms not found in nature is seemingly a...
  14. zelda

Thanks for your replies @alicec and @PointsNorth. I do understand the different actions of MB12 and Adeno, but maybe need to do more research. I also agree I likely just took too much at the get go, but still just a bit confused as to why it would make me tired and drained and not stimulate...
  15. zelda

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do have a related question. I have been following PR for literally years and read all the posts on methylation, Rich's theories, Freddd Protocol, opinions on Yasko and everything else. I have been hesitant to post, not sure why really, but probably...