• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. DaisyRuth

M.E. and exercise – when will they ever learn?

Just a silly play on words :) amused myself for two minutes!
  2. DaisyRuth

M.E. and exercise – when will they ever learn?

Don't believe ME? You would if you could C For urSelf.... Lol how's that for a slogan? ;)
  3. DaisyRuth

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Yep, can totally relate, and also I think I have experienced the 'anxiety psychosis' not nice when you are so suspicious of the ones you love. That's what wrecked my relationship. :/ Will def try this! Thanks so much.
  4. DaisyRuth

Poem about ME/CFS...

Granted it's slightly on the dark side.. lol and I will probably write something more positive one day about my experience. :) here's to the future and all it holds.
  5. DaisyRuth

Poem about ME/CFS...

Thank you :hug:
  6. DaisyRuth

Burning skin - does anyone have something similar?

I get a burning rash on my elbows and wrists, I tend to use calamine lotion on them and that helps. I have found that cortisone creams just make it a whole heap worse. Every night time, my back and buttocks are literally burning though in bed. My feet and hands can be freezing, but I sure warm...
  7. DaisyRuth

Poem about ME/CFS...

Not sure where to post this.. so i'm going to post it here.. hope some of you can relate. When winter seeps into a mind, Its cold anesthetising touch Freezes all hope that lies inside, No love, no joy, shall matter much. Its bleakness like a blanket lays Across a consciousness, unheeded...
  8. DaisyRuth

Chakra healing for ME/CFS

Yes, I take it back, not ALL of the doctors in the UK are uninterested/disbelieving in ME/cfs.. http://www.investinme.org/IiME%20IIMEC10.htm There are still medical professionals fighting our cause..
  9. DaisyRuth

Mr. Cat I agree with you that this must be one smart illness.. first of all it manages to hide from every detectable test and secondly..the medical profession still have no idea what is even wrong with us! CantThink, I try not to read about the research and sciency stuff either, as we will...
  10. DaisyRuth

Caffeine

I find that caffeine has zero effect on me. Now alcohol on the other hand, seems to give me a little energy for a short while, but then I get a horrible headache and an horrendous attitude problem! Needless to say I steer clear from both these days. :meh:
  11. DaisyRuth

Its interesting that the brainwaves are actually altered in ME patients, I used to meditate very successfully too when well, but now, the colours are missing, that is to say when I close my eyes now, I dont 'see' anything anymore.. I dont dream either.
  12. DaisyRuth

so frustrating isn't it. Good to know im not alone though, but also sorry you are in the same boat. :bang-head: :hug:
  13. DaisyRuth

Yeah I spoke too soon, think I was just having a good week regardless of the meditation... Cos I have kept it up, but feel like crap lol. Clutching at straws is the phrase which comes to mind. Ahh well, if im still breathing, I ain't dying, even if it feels as if I am!!
  14. DaisyRuth

My recent virus infection-Confirmed CFS

I hope that you find your treatment for the sinus viral infection.... I'm glad I don't have mosquitoes here, but I do find that if I get any new kind of infection, it really floors me.. I call it a relapse.. and it sucks! I currently have a dental abscess and I honestly feel like I have been hit...
  15. DaisyRuth

Amphetamine is an instant, but short lasting, cure

I went the street route unfortunately and took street amphet... horrendous crash, even though I actually had energy at the time. I sometimes get tempted to order myself some from the internet, or go and see the people I know who could get me the illegal stuff.. but honestly, it's not worth it is...
  16. DaisyRuth

After suffering with a myriad of symptoms, I finally resorted to Chakra alignment meditation the other day and I have to say that for a good week afterwards I did feel much better. I have tried yoga and other similar meditations in the past without any joy, in fact yoga made me feel much worse...
  17. DaisyRuth

Amphetamine is an instant, but short lasting, cure

That's similar to my experience although I cant decide if I started the amphetamine use BECAUSE of the fatigue or if it made my illness worse. Either way, amphetamine is not the way to go.
  18. DaisyRuth

Fatigue: late night or early morning type?

Personally, for me it's more like walking through mud with weights on my arms and legs after consuming twenty cups of coffee, because no matter how alert or willing my mind may be, the body isn't able to move any faster than a snail on barbiturates. :sleep: