• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

ADHD

Hi I'm looking for pointers to address ADD symptoms in my 7 year old via identifying issues in her SNPs. Questions: 1. Has anybody reduced ADD/ADHD symptoms with genomics data? If so how did you go about it? 2. Do you have any recommendations on either remote doctors or those close to WA? 3...
  2. S

Help reducing Sulfate Levels

Thanks for all of the pointers G.Sherpa's links look especially relevant. When you say start with the co-factors, are you thinking of her co-factors which looks like the following: Additional Co-factors - as required:Riboflavin (B2), regular B6 or coenzymated B6 (sublingual P5P), Vitamin C...
  3. S

Okay I read the introduction to SNPS and the Uric acid posts, I take my hat off to you all- you are some seriously knowledgeable people! Looking at some of the posts I tweaked my supplements to the following and felt better but who knows if this is optimal. Any suggested tweaks to lift the brain...
  4. S

Thanks G. Will reply to your vitamin levels question when I get home. I don't know how to test for high uric acid - will follow your signature later. As for full list of mutations if it helps they are below. Could Uric acid/ammonia still be a problem based on these mutations? CBS A360A +/-...
  5. S

Hey folks I'm feeling a little bewildered and hoping for some pointers/advice. I have mild Crohns disease, low cortisol, testosterone and brainfog. I had been taking individual B vitamins for the past 2 weeks but have felt a veil/reduction in speed to my cognition. Looking at some of the...
  6. S

Improving Hormones and sleep?

Same to you C! Very interesting info above. How did you get such precision for DHEA effect on Testosterone? Were you repeating the saliva test or doing multiple blood tests? To answer your question on supplementation I'm good for Magnesium but borderline for Choline. Full borderline list below...
  7. S

Thanks so much Critterina. Encouraging to hear DHEA supplementation worked for you - will investigate further here. I did indeed try the Cortisol/DHEA saliva test. Both were low. Testosterone was within range but also also low, so I tried 10mg Pregnenolone supplementation but it makes me feel...
  8. S

Hi all, I would be very grateful for any insights on my genetic genie results. Symptoms wise my sleep is very disrupted, and I have mild Crohns disease. Lab wise I have low pregnenolone and DHEA levels, low Alkaline phosphatase and Insulin. I also have high homocysteine, Bilarubin and Iron...