• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Do you find after treatments you try you always regress

I’ve tried many treatments, supplements, at probably huge overall cost, but always crash back down to my reset sick self after a few days, weeks or months Do other people have this reaction? Thanks
  2. S

Faecal Transplant in UK

I had two week course from Taymont and recovered for two months then benefit disappeared. Tried a further weeks implants but that did no good. Maybe if you could have implants daily for a year you would have more success. There is also clinic in South America
  3. S

IV Clinic for Lyme Treatment in London

Hi can I ask a silly question are gut problems associated with Lyme? Thanks
  4. S

Is rest the best way to recover from relapse

Hi everyone, just had an 8 month 60% recovery, got several more dogs and in the last 7 years I’ve never made any progress. Keep going back to usual feeling of exhaustion etc. Had m.e. For 25 years before and gradually recovered. I walk my dogs by which time I’m shattered and can’t do anything...
  5. S

23 and me

Oh thank you I'm having trouble downloading the data onto my iPad, can anyone help? X
  6. S

23 and me

Have got my results from above DNA testing, could someone please advise how I can get this data deciphered free of charge. Thank you x
  7. S

Fatigue gone but "jittery and stressed" please please help

Sorry to bother you again @calendonia, I've now implemented Methyl folate 400 microgram P5p 50 mg Hydroxycobalamin b12 1000mcg I've had no adverse reactions,but godawful fatigue has returned, not sure whether wired and jittery was better, at least I had energy. I have got diarreah and very...
  8. S

Where to source Hydroxycobalamin ?

I'll have to check, thank you for replying....I've probably got it wrong!!
  9. S

Haven't got much time as nightmare day, just wanted to thank you @caledonia, will reply properly when have more time xxx
  10. S

Where to source Hydroxycobalamin ?

Anyone got any ideas where to source Hydroxycobalamin tablets, ideally in 50 to 100 mg size?? Or do you know of good alternative? Thank you I live in uk but have family vacating in USA at moment
  11. S

Hello @Critterina Thank you for your response too, really kind of you. Yes I've completely stopped the Thorne supplement, as am completely wired/ feeling stressed and having real difficulty sleeping. I went to my doctors last week to get my "homosteine" (sorry wrong spelling) checked and...
  12. S

Thank you @caledonia for all your time taken in replying to me, so much appreciated. Your a star. I am going to organise 23 and me test after this posting as it seems essential. So thanks for that. I have stopped taking the Thorne multi, still feel completely wired and stressed so looking...
  13. S

Thank you xrunner for your most helpful response Jane xxx
  14. S

Thank you @caledonia for your great answer, it was really reLly kind of you to respond. do you think it would be worth me doing a 23 and me test, as a starting point? I will go and get some niacin tomorrow Once reactions stopped....Do you think it would be worth trying the Thorne Capsulises at...
  15. S

Just to say thank you in advance for reading this post.... Quick summary....4 years of declining health, unresolved leaky gut and multiple food intolerances, complete fatigue, diagnosed 20 years ago with ME. Multiple miscarriages and foetus' with chromosome disorders.Live in uk, so MTHFR...
  16. S

Thank you everyone

Just to say I've been reading your threads and your advice has helped me so much. I'm in uk and feeling progressively worse last 4 years. Thought I'd try your MYTHR protocol and yesterday introduced Now sunflower lecithin Thorne bcomplex #12 Milk thistle And today I feel full of beans, done...
  17. S

Blood tests to confirm methylation mutation

Thank you everyone, great information x
  18. S

Thanks Horizon....don't think the NHS know anything about MTHYR, let alone doing blood tests for it!! I really meant any standard blood tests like B 6, B12 etc....
  19. S

I have been deteriorating for the last four years and have been unable to heal my gut, suffering from total exhaustion and numerous food I tolerances. I am wondering if methylation made be a problem and plan to do 23 and me testing shortly, but whilst waiting for results, what blood tests could...
  20. S

Please help...health keeps deteriorating...no idea how to stop it

Oh thank you calendionia, do you know the best way to reverse mitochondrial damage caused by these ssri's ??? Sorry I don't know what chelation is?? Thank you so much for your help x
  21. S

Hi Mary Thank you for your easily understood explanation, I am so mentally confused for some reason!! Okay so think I should get doctor to do another MCV,B12 and folate blood tests as well as liver enzymes repeated ( I've had an ultrasound of liver Snd nothing untoward showed up) is there...
  22. S

I can try another doctor and probably will do as I feel terrible am virtually housebound now.., not sure what blood tests j should ask for, I'm sure the nhs don't do mfthr testing!!!
  23. S

Hi Caledonia Thanks for the reply, I doubt I have Mercury poising from filings, but eat a lot of tinned salmon, so might be worth checking out. I saw one of your posts, but lost where it was ..., about the higher effects certain ssri's have on mfthyr . I take citalprom, which you said effected...
  24. S

First of all, thank you for reading this post, I just don't don't know how to stop my health deteriorating and desperately need some help...I'll try and keep my history short, but would welcome any and all advice possible. Thank u. I live in uk and got salmonella 20 years, lots of gas, belching...
  25. S

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

I don't know if anyone can help??? For the last three years I have struggled with leaky gut,caused by candida, chronic stress and a nasty stomach bug. At this point, I am intolerant to all food and just live off liquidised chicken, turkey, brocolli, cauliflower or spring greens as these seem to...
  26. S

Help severe leaky gut...reacting to all foods

Hi Snowathlete, I was beginning to think I was only one in uk with all these food intolerances! Thank you for all your help xchocoholic, gingergrrl, Mary b and can't think Unfortunately I cannot tolerate anything fermented, I have just restarted probiotic capsules, turmeric, nalcrom, slippery...
  27. S

I have looked at these, but they all contain sugars, artificial sweeteners or other things I can't tolerate. Do u know what one your friend used? How is she now? X
  28. S

Thanks Mary and Mary b so much for your time and replies....unfortunately, I've tried these, I cannot tolerate gelatin or bone broth as have become very sensitive to glutamate in them. I just don't know how to stop the allergic reaction to food and now I seem to she intolerant to everything I...