• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Injections not working and supplements in the UK

FTY I live in the UK and have been doing the protocol for some time. Yes. The supplements are expensive here but I buy mine from -- www.iherb.com in the USA. They are much cheaper, postage is only £3 and its a good service, they usually take about 10 days. Just remember to only order £15 or...
  2. L

Fibromyalgia Trial Shows Promise...For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Mast Cells and Ketiotifen in FM an

Camas Thanks for posting these links. I didn't realise feverfew had both Luteolin and querciten or I would have tried this first as it reduces the amount of 'stuff' to take and I already take enough. I've just started the chamomile and will see what effects it gives. As you say Neuroprotek is...
  3. L

Fibromyalgia Trial Shows Promise...For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Mast Cells and Ketiotifen in FM an

When I looked up the ingredients of Neuroprotek they are, Luteolin from Chomomile, Quercetin and Rutin. So presumably you could take the ingredients separately, one at a time, increasing slowly to see the effect. I'm going to order some chamomile extract today and see if it helps with the...
  4. L

Folate Receptor Antibodies

Adreno Could you explain to me why increasing methylation would cause increased inflammation? Linda
  5. L

Folate Receptor Antibodies

I wonder if people with biochemistry knowledge could explain to me why, when Folate and MB12 are used in the treatment of depression, it actually causes depression in some people, including myself? I have on numerous occasions tried increasing both Folate and MB12 but can't seem to get past...
  6. L

Folic Acid: Bad Idea or VERY Bad Idea and how much is too much?

Freddd I'm pretty sure this is nerve damage as at the beginning of CFS I had similar nerve pain in all the same places except it felt more like shooting nerve pain and as if things were actually crawling along the nerves. I can tolerate AD-B12 quite well. I'm not sure the dose to go up to...
  7. L

Folic Acid: Bad Idea or VERY Bad Idea and how much is too much?

Hi, Lotus 2 years ago I was almost better from CFS. Still had some cognitive difficulties so decided to try Methylation sups. Added in half a country life AD-B12, which contains Folic Acid. The next day had intolerable nerve pain in my face and scalp muscles which I still have. The only thing...
  8. L

What are people's thoughts and doses of adb12?

I am taking 200mcg Metylfolate and it has taken me over 1year to get to this amount. If I take any more I get massive headaches and intolerable nerve pain in my scalp and face. I have not tried Folinic. I can tolerate AD-B12 but had to stop MB-12 as it was also causing such pain. So I've now...
  9. L

Anabol Dibencoplex vs Source Natural Adb12

I have tried both the source naturals AD-b12 and Dibencoplex. The Source Naturals appears to dissolve better and still last for quite some time. But the Dibencoplex, for me, does not dissolve at all. I tried it again this morning, between lip and gum, 3hours later it's still there!
  10. L

I have tried the Source Naturals ADB12 and it did not seem to have any affect on me. I'm now trying the Dibencoplex. Opening the capsule and sprinkling approx. a quarter between lip and gum (as Fred suggests) but it doesn't dissolve even holding it there for 3 hours. So might try Source Naturals...
  11. L

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but can't find the answer elsewhere. Was wondering if someone could tell me if you can take Ad-B12 when using Hy-B12? I seem to remember reading in another thread that taking Ad-B12 without enough M-B12 can cause damage? I was taking...
  12. L

Keeping Folate and MB12 in balance.

Rich, Thankyou for taking the time to reply. I am finding that I feel quite agitated, depressed and my sleep is suffering now and feel I need to perhaps cut back on the Metafolin. I think you are right about healing the Myelin sheath as this is where all the pain was for the first 12months...
  13. L

Anteah I too had a candida overgrowth and went through a lot of anti-fungals and found Threelac really he. Linda
  14. L

Hi Rich. Above you say:- "My views are somewhat different from those of Freddd, but I will share them with you for what they are worth. In my experience, most PWMEs need only approximately an RDA level dosage of the folates, something like 400 to 800 micrograms per day". But I have had...
  15. L

Hi. After spending months adding pinches of crushed Metafolin and crumbs of MB12 and getting no where with a PFD I decided to try a larger dose. I took 200mc Folate and 1250mc MB12. 18 hours later - GREAT! I wrote in my diary "great feeling. Head clear. Feel normal". I tried this dose 3 times...
  16. L

Increasing supplements to help with PFD

Hi, I developed a PFD after using Country Life AD-B12 and since the have spent the last year with considerable pain in scalp and facial muscles. Gradually increasing supplements. I have very slowly worked up to 100mcgm Folate (Solgar), 1250mcgms M-B12 and 2gms AD-B12. After trying various...
  17. L

8 months on and back to square one. Any suggestions??

Rich, thankyou for taking the time to reply. I have tried the potassium which hasn't helped at all and I cannot tolerate the Glutathione for some reason. I have stopped the Folate and Mb12 for a few days and re-started on a pinch but will change to Hy-B12 when it arrives. The depression...
  18. L

Hi Justy. Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I cannot tolerate Glutathione for some reason. When I've tried it before it makes me feel worse for some reason? I have now stopped the Folate and Mb12 for a few days and started with a pinch again. Linda
  19. L

April, thanks for taking the time to reply. I wonder if you have any ideas as what to do for excitotoxicity? I'm sure it's in a thread somewhere but the way I feel at the moment using the computor is difficult! Did your Dad take folate with the mb12? First I'll give the potassium a...
  20. L

Hi. I posted here in April after having a very bad reaction to Country Life AD-B12. Fredd was kind enough to reply and suggested the Folic acid in this had caused a Paradoxical Folate Deficiency and that taking Folate and Methyl-B12 would help. I couldn't tolerate much of either and began...
  21. L

Doing the protocol - extreme reaction to A-B12. Advice needed!

Hi Fredd, and any one else who has been there!! I just need to know I'm going in the right direction with the protocol as I'ts a bit rough at the moment and I feel like stopping! Things had improved and the headaches had decreased. However they've come back with a different type of pain...
  22. L

Mary, Thanks for suggesting the possible blood pressure link. I'm being cautious with the potassium but when you look up the potassium content of foods some have quite a lot e.g. average banana 400mg, baked potato 300mg, you realise 1x99mg tablet isn't too high. I will buy a BP machine...
  23. L

Hi Fredd, I started the potassium on 8th and have already had a big reduction in the headache, at least 70% better, but still have tight muscles on the head, my jaw joints ache a lot and forehead skin is very sensitive to touch, which I'm hoping will go as I raise the potassium etc...
  24. L

Hi Fredd, Just need some extra advice please. Was doing well for couple of weeks but over the last week have started to feel agitated, sweating a lot, eyes blurry, muscle pains in head and neck which I've not had before but worst of all have a crippling headache that nothing seems to ease...
  25. L

Hi Fredd, Thought I would come back and let you know how I'm doing. I stopped the B-complex and Multivitamin containing Folic acid immediately, also Sam-e and TMG. Then started taking 1/4 twice daily of Jarrow 1mg Methyl-B12, 1 Hydrox-B12 and a pinch of crushed Folapro on 7/4/11 and by...
  26. L

Morning Fredd, Thanks again for answering so quickly. Its great to have someone who is so knowledgable to ask for info. It is quite difficult to understand how a deficiency can be triggered by providing what the body needs! Also, why such a tiny amount (100mcgs of folic acid in half...
  27. L

Hi Fredd, Thanks for replying to my post so quickly. I have read the page you suggested, understanding is more difficult. From what I can understand, to put it simply, Folic acid competes with Folates for absorption and utilisation. So it could be that I'm taking too much folic acid but...
  28. L

Yes. I was taking 1 x Perque (hy-B12) daily for 3months but these syptoms only started after the half x AD-B12.
  29. L

Hi, This is my first post here. I need some help, information, advice from anyone who has experience of this protocol and B12's. I have had a really bad reaction to taking only 1x half of country life AD-B12. The story is: I have had CFS for several years was feeling physically much...