• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Reverse T3 to T3 ratio

I started taking Armour thyroid after I had a thyroid challenge test. The biggest difference it makes for me is keeping me from being weepy and depressed. But my daughter always tested normal at the beginning of her illness. She had symptoms of low thyroid, however, and finally had the RT3...
  2. P

CURED CFS/ME? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY HERE.

I still need to sleep or rest in bed at least 9 hours a night. But as a kid I also needed more sleep than most, so I think that is normal for me. I was at least 8 years of sleeping whenever I could--a nap in the morning after taking my daughter to school and then a rest in the afternoon before...
  3. P

CURED CFS/ME? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY HERE.

I rarely share but I do read keep an eye on the forums and news. I did not have an official diagnosis, but I was ill enough for about 10 years that I could not keep working as a teacher and was unable to go to the grocery store, etc. for many years. I do not tell people I am well, but most who...