• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

CFS Exercise and Brain Scan Study - Upcoming CFS study with Dr. Baraniuk at Georgetown University

@August59: Yes, overall I found the study pretty tough, though they did what they could to make things easier! Dr Baraniuk runs the exercise test at a slightly lower-than-usual activity level (% of your max exertion) because he wants to stress people as little as possible. And there's a lot of...
  2. T

CFS Exercise and Brain Scan Study - Upcoming CFS study with Dr. Baraniuk at Georgetown University

If anyone is considering volunteering for this and would like to know more, I participated last fall and would be happy to answer any questions.
  3. T

The P2P Draft Systematic Review Is Up

As with most things, I waited to the last minute to write up my comments. (Panic always compensates for the lack of energy!) Don't know whether anyone else is checking in at the 11th hour and still writing, but decided to share my own comments just in case they're of any help to anyone out...
  4. T

The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process

I know the question of these behind-the-scenes protests is different from the question of any comments in response to the P2P proposal itself, but just wanted to share a few thoughts on the P2P commenting so the issues don't get confused. I believe it's valuable to comment on P2P despite the...