• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

How to Best Tolerate Fish Oil

@Gondwanaland Thank you! I'll try this regimen out.
  2. S

@Gondwanaland Im also having problems with salicylates. I tested my urine with ph strips and I'm under a 5 (thats as low as the strip goes) so maybe I'm dealing with the same issue here. Taking a tsp of sodium bicarbonate seems to help a little. How did you figure out that it was the uric acid...
  3. S

Yes I've had digestive issues for about 10 years or so. I'm intolerant to many foods and feel anxiety/pounding heart when the wrong foods are eaten as well as a mysterious burning sensation in my brain that I'm still trying to figure out (possibly multiple causes like ammonia/lactate buildup)...
  4. S

I also cannot tolerate fish oils, flax oils, or any other polyunsaturated fat it seems, despite being very deficient. Right now my best guess is that for some reason these oils are being quickly oxidized once in the body (lipid peroxidation), at which point they would cause more harm than...