• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

That was a bit limited. How about: - severe drowsiness after eating fatigue - difficulty reading/understanding something written for more than a few seconds type fatigue - muscle-twitching, all aching after minor exercise or food fatigue - mind-numbing, slurry-speaking type...
  2. M

Am I invisible ?

Well I dispute your spurious ratio! I myself am a male, and have had it since 13!..
  3. M

does anyone feel better when they dont eat?

Yepyep - ditto here. We feel better when we eat less or if we haven't eaten for hours. Also better when we've avoided any processed foods. If I eat something I can become so drousy that I have great difficulty with even reading. It sucks. It never gets better. It only ever gets worse for me this...
  4. M

Vital research out of PNNL

. http://news.collegemedianetwork.com/entertainment/protein-discovery-validates-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-theory
  5. M

I know i ask alot of questions but i think these polls are fun! FOR CFS ONLY PEOPLE

It may depend on how ill you are. I just LOLed at Pancreatic cancer because it's one of those when if you find out you have it you know you're dead in weeks. Then I kind of just turned my nose up at diabetes. Strange poll...
  6. M

Japanese call for XMRV research (severe ME

Ohmygod I can't believe you\re such an anal retent...
  7. M

What caused your CFS? POLL

It looks like nobody knows for sure.. initial viral infection in my case, then almost a year later stress at school, probably genes helped too...
  8. M

Simon Weasely Video to Watch

Slow is yes men No Miss Sweely Sly One We Miss W.S. Slimey Nose Smile Now Yess We Nosey Slims Sew Mosely Sin
  9. M

You don't think it's all in the mind then?
  10. M

Esther Rantzen's daughter had Celiac all along

Mrs. Rantzen is a silly b**** and I hate everyone who thinks they have this but don't
  11. M

Japanese call for XMRV research (severe ME

That is a GOOD video, good to see some Japs too!
  12. M

Here's a great vid with Slimon Wessely that some of us will enjoy. Listen to him ramble on about his profession as he massages his own ego and enjoy! http://www.medicalcareers.nhs.uk/specialty_pages/psychiatry_information/a_career_in_psychiatry.aspx Notice how at the start of the video, he...
  13. M

Michael Crawford "fought off ME"

Yep. Facts all cockeyed again, you can see why they are so authoritarian :D
  14. M

GcMAF Poll

Wish I could get the test for XMRV on the NHS as I'm a bit skint at the moment!! :(
  15. M

How is ME-CFS treated abroad (Europe, Japan, South Africa, Far East, Russia etc.) ?

Well the Evil-Empire is the only place that can cure it!! You're not going to get better treatment from Albania of Bulgaria as they are stuck in the Dark Ages when it comes to healthcare - but we are the ones who are supposed to b responsible for this sort of thing, figuring out what is wrong...
  16. M

Viral Biofilms

ScienceDaily (Feb. 8, 2010) Researchers at the Institut Pasteur and CNRS have shown for the first time that certain viruses are capable of forming complex biofilm-like assemblies, similar to bacterial biofilms. These extracellular infectious structures may protect viruses from the immune system...
  17. M

Mikovitz Sweden Presentation- You Tube.

Ta Tia, though many people don't even bother to respond to other peoples' responses..
  18. M

Wessely quoted in BBC Gulf War article

Well put, that man is a sociopath and he should not be allowed to work in this area: just perfect for all those who wish to keep on beating people down who have this type of illness, to employ someone who is cold like Slimon Weasely....
  19. M

Hookworms: Our Friends?

So many of us have trouble with food intolerances, and I personally had a bad reaction to a commercial beefburger earlier today with high palpitations followed by strong drowsiness for a couple of hours and some stomach pain. Anyway, according to this article, autoimmune conditions could...
  20. M

after videos like these people still dout XMRV exists

nuther guddun' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5Ph_9pL5g&feature=fvst
  21. M

Camelford drinking water inquest & Wessely

Moderator: Post inappropriate to the tenor of this forum Moderator: Modification innapropriate to me
  22. M

Camelford drinking water inquest & Wessely

Moderator: Post inappropriate to the tenor of this forum
  23. M

SARCOS robo-suit for M.E.?

Has everyone been considering this lately? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JAa9_YcdI SARCOS robot suit which gives injured or weak soldiers suddenly super-human levels of physical strength! Makes you wonder what the future will bring for US, doesn't it??
  24. M

UK XMRV demo 1st November

They only need beans for that!
  25. M

anyone interested in lift to London ME Demo on Monday

Comes from Chester but not Don(Chester) - sic!... :P Hope you all do well!
  26. M

Comment by 'me_is_realist' in 'Viral Momentum unstoppable'

Never too late to talk about the lunacy of psychos...
  27. M

Failure to detect XMRV in Chinese patients

But Sir! Didn't you hear about when Edward VII pointed his telescope towards the South-East from his Palace in England???! Why, he could see Stuttgart with't for sure! :Retro biggrin: