• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Can we talk diet?

Been feeling really good today, then at 13:23 it's just come crashing down, nausea, extreme fatigue etc arghhhhh Sorry, had to rant to someone, and there's no one here who wants to know.
  2. G

Can we talk diet?

That is possible, I could do some gym work that would do some good.
  3. G

Can we talk diet?

Problem is that when I stop exercising I get really bad depression, exercising stops that from happening. I think I'm more scared than anything, scared of the repercussions of not exercising and scared of over doing things and going back to square one.
  4. G

Can we talk diet?

That is a really informative article and, disappointingly, I do fall in to the category of ME, I was 'happy' going through life and only referring to CFS when I had to, like a dirty name, for any Harry Potter fans it would be akin to saying Voldermort. Time to face facts, but I'm not going to...
  5. G

Can we talk diet?

WOW, thanks for that, I really mean it. I have never met/spoken to anyone on a similar level as me, that is really interesting, I have a thing to do on the 5th October then I might scale things back and just try and keep a good base level of fitness, and try and stop the crashing. Any other...
  6. G

Can we talk diet?

Everyone who I have spoken to either in a personal or professional capacity concurs that it is CFS, although I don't know if over time it changes/mutates to a different condition. As I read in another post, CFS covers a massive range of symptoms, I am very lucky and have put myself through hell...
  7. G

Can we talk diet?

Ok, I want to say a bit more about me, and this is where all other forums have shunned me, so here it goes. Before I was diagnosed with this I was running 20+ miles a week and working lots. Then I was off work, had to go back to save my job. Now I am able to run 5/6 miles on a good day, but...
  8. G

How to recover from a crash

Hi, I am on day 3 of a major crash, I can't let on at work (they already tried to sack me when I was diagnosed two half years ago) and I am part time self employed and have a lot of work on. I take quite a lot of vit supplements although quite badly managed. What do others do?
  9. G

Can we talk diet?

Endocrine axis - that's a new one on me, I thought I was aware of quite a lot regarding the whole CFS thing, but like everything there is still so much to know. I have a tendency to skip dinner. Like tonight I am working late, by the time I get home it will be too late to eat. On the way home I...
  10. G

Can we talk diet?

Hi, I am new to this forum but have been lurking for sometime. So Hi. Apart from all the vitamins we all seem to take, some people have mentioned diet, now for someone with a so called illness my diet is appalling. Can you really get that much more energy from a decent diet and is there a...