• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

What to do if expected Methyl Trapping?

My doctor has had me stop Deplin and MethylB12. The day after I stopped I started feeling a good deal worse with new symptoms appearing. I'm nauseous, my nerve pain has increased a lot, my joints hurt, and I have chills. My head is ringing like crazy. I'm having a hard time thinking clearly. I...
  2. I

Glutamate = Bad for Me?

I'm not taking one without the other. I've been taking 5mg of methylb12 with a smaller amount of AdoCbl. Why do I need to take equal amounts? Is this no longer correct? I have a feeling Lyme isn't as big of a factor now. It was assumed it was. The doctor told me I was going to be feeling great...
  3. I

Glutamate = Bad for Me?

I take a drug called Xyrem which is GHB. GHB elevates glutamate. I've been taking this drug for a couple years. I feel like my health got worse when I started taking this drug. My understanding is very limited, but from what I've read is seems glutathione precursors are bad in most cases. I...
  4. I

Crashing after B12 Injections, lost weight that I can't regain

When you say folic acid are you referring to just the supplemented form?
  5. I

Thanks for all the info. It's been very helpful. Do I need to be taking P5P? Does taking higher doses of Deplin counteract folic acid buildup? To what extent do I need to be avoiding it?
  6. I

I read from this post that people with Lyme wouldn't reaction to the protocol. Maybe that's why. Today I took about 7mg of Deplin, and my body immediately relaxed. I also realized that I have the MTHFS gene. My understanding is I will need more higher doses of methylfolate. Is that correct? I'm...
  7. I

Right now I've stopped the hydroxyb12 and am taking 1000 mcg of methyl b12 sublingual daily. I messaged my doctor about my concerns so I'd assume they'll have me get bloodwork when they respond. I'm not going to add any supplements since I'm already changing a lot of different things right now...
  8. I

What should I do if I think I'm folate deficient? I feel like continuing to take b12 is just making me worse. I want to say the weight loss started at around the time I started the hydroxyb12. I'm switching over to 1000 mcg methyl b-12 sublinguals. Does a conservative dose of metafolin have the...
  9. I

I weighed about 140 lbs before getting sick. That was about ten years ago though. It didn't happen overnight. It happened very gradually. I'm not sure if I am. I'm not currently taking deplin or methylb12 injections. It's been over a year since I stopped taking those. From the description...
  10. I

Please bear with me. My cognitive ability isn't the greatest. I'll try to provide some background info on me. I'm a 22 year old male who has had Lyme disease for about ten years. My chief complaints were always brain fog, eating makes me sick, fatigue, and depression. The good news is that the...