• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Allithiamine vs Sulbutiamine... Any practical difference?

From what I understand allithiamine and sulbutiamine are both TTFD forms of thiamine and very similar. That being said the generally recommended dosing strategies are different for both of them and for better or worse I can't seen to find any studies or discussions as to why one would be...
  2. B

What impairs vitamin B6 production/utilization?

Interesting & odd... It definitely has an impact on my dreaming, but it's strangely inconsistent. When it does I have extremely vivid dreams and similar response has been noted by other people I know.
  3. B

What impairs vitamin B6 production/utilization?

Revisiting this, I was curious if you dreamed consistently on 350mg of P5P?
  4. B

Do other B-complex vitamins really compete w/ B12 for absorption?

Been doing a lot of reading on intramuscular vitamin injections lately and I frequently run across recommendations to take B12 injections (methylcobalamin) separately from B complex injections because apparently they interfere with the absorption of each other. I haven't found the specific...
  5. B

Any benefit from IV containing vitamin B5?

Yea, most of the references are to skin & hair.
  6. B

Any benefit from IV containing vitamin B5?

Plenty of people feel better from B12 injections than oral supplements (myself included) and that got me wondering...has anyone experienced any benefit from IV therapy that included vitamin B5? I know it's associated with adrenal health and comes in a bunch of different oral supplement forms...
  7. B

Instantaneous effect from Methylfolate/B12?

Just for clarification, I didn't mean trial and error in a derogatory sense. It has just been my experience that what is "supposed to work" doesn't always translate to what actually takes place. You are certainly far more methodical than most so it wasn't meant to insinuate that you were just...
  8. B

You're definitely further ahead on the subject than I am, but just based on trial and error & studying over the years I am coming to similar conclusions on several of the same fronts. Lithium - My understanding with lithium is that pretty much anything under or around 40mg a day (I take...
  9. B

Why is methylfolate powder so difficult to find?

That sounds about right. Thanks for the clarification.
  10. B

Why is methylfolate powder so difficult to find?

Kind of odd that you can buy bulk quantities of just about any supplement, but methylfolate powder seems to terribly uncommon. There was one place I saw selling it but it was so crazy expensive you'd be better taking apart capsules to make you're own bag of powder. Why is that the case...
  11. B

@Freddd fantastic thread. I've been taking 5mg MeCbl injections 3x a day and that seems to be the point where I don't feel a noticeable difference. I have noticed though that my methylfolate needs have gone from 15mg -> 60mg in a pretty short period of time and the normal dose response I...
  12. B

Does taking more B12 make you need more folate?

I am finding that as well I just wasn't sure if B12 absorption peaked and then folate could be backfilled from there
  13. B

Does taking more B12 make you need more folate?

I know B12 is water soluble so you will just pee out anything you don't absorb, but if you took someone that was on a lower maintenance dose of B12 and fully saturated them via regular injection... Would that person's need for folate or utilization of folate actually go up or down?
  14. B

B12 shot frequency & amount range for different people?

The wording of my question really wasn't great. Pretty much everything I've read online ranges between 1mg 3x a week to 5mg 1x a week. That may be fine, but people on here seem to be far more aware of what is needed than the general guidelines which is why I was curious what people actually...
  15. B

B12 shot frequency & amount range for different people?

There seems to be a pretty wide range between what is recommended & what people actually take/need when it comes to methylcobalamin shots. What's the upper limit range required for people with higher B12 needs, like pernicious anemia, to function optimally?
  16. B

Methylcobalamin powder mostly produced in China?

I'm not opposed transdermal oils necessarily, but I think it would be hard to get the costs anywhere close.
  17. B

Methylcobalamin powder mostly produced in China?

I have been looking for a place to order methylcobalamin powder manufactured in a more regulated/quality controlled place like the USA or Europe, but just about everything I've found seems to originate in China. I am aware that an almost disturbing amount of products like that are largely...
  18. B

Dumping excess water with methylfolate?

I am familiar with the concept that you can start dumping excess fluid when you start getting your methylfolate intake levels up high enough. Generally this is referring to increased urinary output, but I notice that I can also get frequent bowel movements that are almost completely like water...
  19. B

Is it possible to get intramuscular injections of B5?

I take 600mg of Pantethine & 2-5g of Pantothenic acid. No IBS issues, but I notice I start having the GI issues (heartburn included) from the high doses before getting to the effective dose. Thanks for letting me know the name of an injectable form... That's not the most readily available...
  20. B

Is it possible to get intramuscular injections of B5?

I take 1000mcg of Methylcobalamin injected daily (for an iron issue) but have a history of poor vitamin B5 status that doesn't seem to necessarily respond to oral supplementation. Interestingly enough in monitoring my basal temps to determine my thyroid dose effectiveness, I noticed a marked...
  21. B

Finding reason for high serum B12 & Folate

Having completed some additional testing it looks like it is a transcobalamin issue. Not sure if it's a partial TCN2 issue because as previously stated I'm kind of adverse to genetic testing at this point. You'll notice my B12 binding capacity is subpar relative to the high amount of serum B12...
  22. B

So starting to put some of the pieces together... Results in 2013 ( I thought it was actually higher than it was) SpectraCell done in 2014 Results from Sept 2019 For background... my main interest, of late, in getting this resolved stems from a persistently low iron level. I took...
  23. B

There is one side of me that really wants to know and then the other side that is seriously skeptical about having that information out there somewhere... to this point that has left me deadlocked on the issue.
  24. B

Normally speaking I don't take either, because I see negligible difference. I can take a B12 shot or sublingual and question whether I felt anything at all. With methylfolate it's a similar situation even at large doses. Point being... It looks like I've taken WAY More then I actually do...
  25. B

I have a history of high serum B12 & folate levels, like past the limit of the Labcorp ranges (my last B12 test came back as >1999). Yet at the same time my MMA came back as within range but elevated. Obviously low B12 & folate tests are a more common problem, but way high makes me think there...
  26. B

Which detox pathway handles enviromental allergies?

Title pretty much says it all.
  27. B

No response from high dose B12 & Methylfolate...what am I missing?

I know what you mean. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I was working on methylation and finally got things to "click" and started to overmethylate. Fortunately, I have a much better understanding of how to reign it in now. Good catch, I am actually taking 1000mg...
  28. B

No response from high dose B12 & Methylfolate...what am I missing?

I have spent the last couple of months researching and going through my understanding of methylation and my supplement forms/dosing with a fine tooth comb and my conclusion is I am still missing SOMETHING. The crux of the problem seems to somewhat center around the fact that I don't respond to...
  29. B

Could a lithium deficiency and lots of Methylfolate cause a Methyl Trap?

I've never noticed ANYTHING from taking MeCbl (Enzymatic Therapy, Country Life or Jarrow) or AdoCbl (Source Naturals & Anabol Naturals). In trying to understand what is going on I recently found out I scored below the minimum threshold for lithium in my hair test. Also apparently in trying to...
  30. B

Experiance with Alpha Lipoic Acid & Ribose after fixing methylation?

I've already been through the Cutler protocol so I would prefer not to rehash the issues from taking ALA with Mercury issues. My primary interest is how your body responded when you added ALA and ribose after you had addressed your methylation issues. Types of things I've been trying to find...