• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Lukey

Has anyone taken Monolaurin as an anti-viral?

I seem to do good with coconut oil and coconut but not Monolaurin. ALA chelating is slowly improving my mental function quite a bit. It does mess up the GI tract but when the Mercury is gone, the GI symptoms will also be gone. :)
  2. Lukey

I took 1 550 mg cap of ML last night and it didn't settle well. It made my eczema worse and a bad taste in my mouth on arising. I Know a man that was chelating his young son for Mercury with ALA and other things and said ML caused a lot of yeast in his son. I am going to have to use MonoLaurin...
  3. Lukey

Hi, The main reason why I joined this forum was to reply to this thread, and now I'm finally getting around to it. . I've been trying to decide if I should take ML or LC or not. when I first went on ML last fall, it did wonders to clear up my brain fog. I've had Hep C for 32 years and bacterial...
  4. Lukey

Xylitol, Lactulose, and Apo-lactoferrin

Please tell me your experiences with Xylitol
  5. Lukey

I got a 20 oz jar from Pipingrock.com for about $8 + shipping. (Made from Birch bark, not corn).
  6. Lukey

http://ultimateoralhealthguide.com/2011/07/29/how-to-use-xylitol/
  7. Lukey

I went on Lactulose last Monday and got good effects from it. I think it was feeding good bacteria and I was actually starting to improve. Then I received my Xylitol and when I took 1/2 tsp in water, it caused immediate die off, and it still is. I'm taking 1 tsp + daily, plus using it to coat...
  8. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

Good luck
  9. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

I inherited things from my parents like nutritional imbalances. Had ADHD for decades. I was not breast fed, and I began to get mercury amalgams at a young age, up to 18 of them. With so many varying opinions on the internet, does someone like me NOT have good reasons to be confused about how to...
  10. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

Now I'm thinking of going on the Dr Lee Cowden program with his Nutramedix products. It's a 6 month program that costs $285 per month but it's great for Lyme and probably any biofilm related issues such as many of us have. It supplies all the instructions, all laid out for you. No more...
  11. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

I've been wondering why my gut and skin has seemed to worsen in the last several months. It seemed that Lauricidin may have done it. Most ill people are magnesium deficient. Dr Lee Cowden has a program that's supposed to be very effective for Lyme and candida and addresses biofilms as well as...
  12. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

In the 80s, I had to take iron pills or I'd feel so tired I could not work. When I got mineral transporters / high tech iron, I took more than I was supposed to, and haven't been the same since, but have not had to take iron since then either. My ferritin tends to get elevated if I eat beef...
  13. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

Interesting. I emailed my HTMA coach (hair analysis) and asked if he could order a CDSA. No reply from him. Then I told him I'm interested in treating biofilms and said I may quit magnesium. He actually owns a big forum on facebook called MAG (Magnesium Advocacy group). My HTMA found that I need...
  14. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

Hi, I'm getting ready to add some things if I need them. No telling what the biofilm may have living in it, and it may make me sick for a while. I may take Zeolite XP and use Activated charcoal. These are things that seem to be OK with my body. Did you rub Oregano on your body also, and also...
  15. Lukey

On the Biofilm Wagon

After getting no effect from GSE, SF722, oil of oregano, and ACV, and then "" "" from expensive probiotics such as CP1, Prescript Assist, and Ultimate Flora, I've got to look further. I'm enthused and taking EDTA, and have stopped taking Magnesium for the time. It seems that biofilms have been...
  16. Lukey

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Hi, I'd suggest you build up your good bacteria with various potent probiotics for a while and try RS again later, or only take 1/2 tsp of RS daily. I decided to quit RS for now. It was aggravating my GI issues. I'm taking CP1 and Prescript Assist SBOs which should turn my GI tract around...
  17. Lukey

It says my target calories are 2138 Kcal. 130 grams carb 65 grams fat 56 grams of protein I'm not sure what % those are. I assume the same ratios as yours. Woops, I didn't have the PHD ratios entered in it. I just changed them to 30, 20 and 50 and now it says I need 107 Gms of protein daily...
  18. Lukey

Hmmm. Maybe I didn't enter the right data before adding my foods. Seems like I told it I'm 165, 5'11" and age 63. Sometimes you just have to go by how you feel. Eating according to what a website tells you to eat can be problematic. My gut needs some healing. I do not handle carbs like rice or...
  19. Lukey

I slept great last night. I dreamed about Aerosmith. I've done other things that did wonders for my sleep. One thing is get 10-12 sessions of CST (cranio sacral therapy). I get CST every 2-3 months. Another thing that improved my sleep right off the bat was BioMagnetic Therapy. I have a set...
  20. Lukey

Hi, I'm filling out the CRON-O-meter every day. I only had breakfast but am already over my fats limit. Any comment on this? I don't have my PHD book yet. I plan to read this whole thread soon. I've probably been over doing fats for quite a while - mostly coconut oil, coconut, butter, and...
  21. Lukey

Hi, Do you think CP1 is the "right probiotic"? I got the Bob's Red Mill PS today and I took 1 tsp before breakfast. Will take another tsp tonight with my CP1. I also began taking Custom Probiotics CP1 yesterday, at 1 capsule AM and 1 in the PM at 60 billion CFUs each. Is that a good probiotic...
  22. Lukey

Is RS supposed to be good if someone has little to no Bifidus? Or, does it matter, as long as good probiotics are being taken with RS? I have CP1 which has 60 billion CFUs per capsule guaranteed. I also have others, and fermented foods. I even got some Biofase but I have a feeling I don't...
  23. Lukey

Hi, I never had CFS but I have lots in common with most of you in regard to gut imbalance. I thought I might be able to dive into rice and potatoes again but I'm going to have to take it easy with them. I used to be able to eat any fruit or vegetable but after 2-3 years of chelating with ALA, it...
  24. Lukey

Do you eat many fermented foods? Are you taking probiotics with the RS? I too have zero Bifidus, at least I did 6 years ago.
  25. Lukey

Hi I love the CRON-O-meter software. I've already met my daily protein & carbs and am at 16.1% protein, 39.9% carbs, and 44.1% fats. I'm looking forward to reading the PHD book.
  26. Lukey

This is my breakfast. Anyone want to comment on it? I miss rice and potatoes so I kind of went over with the carbs so far today.
  27. Lukey

IMHO, when I was chelating with ALA every week for 2-3 years and my GI tract got loused up more, I made it worse by eating low carb. I have no problem quitting Ezekiel bread if PHD says I should. I only want to eat what helps me and my GI tract. I'm loving the idea of adding potato and rice. I...
  28. Lukey

Hi @Crux I got the PHD book and the RS. I'm getting more psyched up by PHD every minute. Now, I even have doubts that Lauricidin messed up my GI tract. I may have done it myself with the LCD [low carb] way I've eaten for the last 6 months. At minimum, the starch is going to do me a lot of...
  29. Lukey

This is really amazing that increasing the right carbs actually stops the yeast issues. I always did OK on white rice and white potatoes but there are SO many websites out there that tell you to avoid these like the plague.
  30. Lukey

A few days ago I bought 2 bottles of CP-1 probiotic with 60 billions per capsule, and a bottle of Biofase. I think I'm going to send the CP-1 back and get Prescript Assist so I'll be more in line to benefit from potato starch.