• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Getting back into exercise (Running)

no it does not have the alarm. I do not recommend the Vivosmart amymore. Basic reason is that in 24/7 HR mode the measurement interval is like a minute or two. Way long time. Also with more usage I have found it is not that accurate. I guess we have to wait a few years before optical HR is...
  2. D

CFS/overtraining

What I did mostly for the first 6 months but also a bit for the first 2 years was to test my condition. I went out and run 5-10km. Just to see if I would get PEM. But actually even 15minutes would been too much. I got a few quite bad PEMs. Don't be as stupid as I was. Avoid PEM at all cost...
  3. D

CFS/overtraining

Hi running man, I think your situation is very like mine. If I do not overdo it I am basically healthy. But id I try running get PEM for a few days with fatique, muscle weakness, brain fog, bad sleep etc. This has now lasted for 2,5 years. For me it started after a trail running marathon. I...
  4. D

I have now used the Vivosmart HR for a while. The sleep tracking is not very accurate, but tracking amount of deep sleep is quite interesting. I usually have three deeps sleep periods. When my wife tested it, she had 6. I have also noticed that the amount of deep sleep has much more impact on...
  5. D

I just bought Garmin Vivosmart HR. The best thing about it is 24/7 heart rate measurement. I plan to use it to avoid PEM, see if there is changes in HR before PEM and also to track that I get enough deep sleep.
  6. D

Persistent dandruff.

Yes, it contains selenium disulfide. That might be the ingredient that helps as other shampoos that I have tried have not contained it.
  7. D

Persistent dandruff.

For me only thing that has helped is Vichy Dercos anti-dandruff shampoo. If I do not use it for a couple of days, my head start itching. For some reason no other brand has helped. I have been using it for a couple of years now.
  8. D

Anyone Know Their VO2Max?

I took the Aerolution test and with that test you don't need to go further than anaerobic threshold. Here is a video of the test:
  9. D

It was both. You can see the test here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?attachments/nutreval-pdf.8381/
  10. D

I think it is "mcg/g creatinine" but the Nutreval test just show it as mcg/g. There are many people on this forum who has taken Nutreval test so maybe someone can comment about the units.
  11. D

My recovery story, in case anyone is interested

I'm sorry I'm replying without seeing the videos as I currently have no audio available. What supplements do you think what most beneficial? Did you have any medical tests that showed anything abnormal? Do you feel that you react to the exercise as a normal person now? By that I mean that you...
  12. D

I could do that. VO2Max testing is not quite cheap and I'm worried about what to tests in row might cause. I am going to order some tests from Infectolab or Nordic Labs to see if those tests would reveal something. I don't actually know what borrelia test I have had but I think it is a EIA...
  13. D

I know that 53 is okey. But I have been running and cycling quite much my whole life and also competing in those sports. My performance drops significantly on the next days. Running 7,5 min/km at a heart rate of 160 when on the exercise test I would run similar space with a heart rate of 135. I...
  14. D

I just took a VO2 test using the Aerolution test. With this test one can also see how much carbohydrates and fats you are burning at different levels of effort. I have been sick now for 1,5 years. My sickness is quite mild and I have been able to work full time for the whole time besides some...
  15. D

Acetyl L- Glutathione, ATP, Baking Soda, Sam-e & Catalase = No PEM after exercise

I just got PEM due to being overactive after a short period of feeling good. After reading this thread I tried some baking soda. It seems to help with muscle fatigue and burning. I will try it next time before exertion. I will also order some Catalase from super smart. What do you think about...
  16. D

Headache after exercise

I have had this since I got sick. If I try to exercise a little I get headache during the training and for the rest of the day. Today I jogged/walked for 10 minutes along my 3-year-old who ride a tricycle. Anyone else got this? Any idea what causes it? It is not low blood pressure as I measured...
  17. D

Bodybuilding type stuff

I have been able to do some strength (1-5 repetitions with long pauses) training for the past few months. I don't know if this is by help of LDN, methylation supplements, D-ribose or some amino acids that I have been taking. I also have gained muscle mass. What I can not do is aerobic...
  18. D

Help with nutreval Interpretation

Thanks for your answer caledonia. Is there any harm in doing methylation protocol in the same time as trying to fix the gut? I do feel better when taking all the supps. The salmon that I have bought from supermarket is farmed and from Norway. I also eat some sushi and salmon in restaurants. No...
  19. D

Very good questions UM MAN! I have not done a leaky gut test or tried any special diet. Standard blood panel is quite normal. Only fasting glucose have been a little high sometimes. Half a year ago I was on some antibiotics to cure Mycoplasma (two weeks, don't remember what one that was). It...
  20. D

Thanks for your replies. UM MAN, can you explain why this sounds like fungus overgrowth? The Citramalic Acid is little evalted on the Yeast / Fungal Dysbiosis Markers but the others are low. I have had Athlete's foot also and it was helped by medications from GP. Still my feet smell very bad...
  21. D

Hi all, this is my first post but I've been following the forum for a while. I have been sick now for little over a year after a marathon run. Or actually I was similarly sick also ten years ago for two years but recovered. I have mostly PEM and exercise intolerance. I was also recently...