• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ~Tatty~

Reintroducing exercise

Sorry, do I know you? How can you possibly make that statement, knowing absolutely nothing about me? For some reason Valentijn, you've decided to follow my every post, and challenge every single one. I feel unwelcome, on a forum that I had erroneously thought to be friendly & supportive.
  2. ~Tatty~

Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."

Oh, okay. Why is it still on the forum for people to read then?
  3. ~Tatty~

Reintroducing exercise

Whereas for me, running has always made me feel better: invigorated, stronger, more alive. My head is clearer and the fog lifts. I don't run far, only for about 10 mins at a gentle jogging speed. Walking, perversely, makes my pain much worse, so apart from walking the dogs I cycle (when...
  4. ~Tatty~

Rare Coenzyme Q10 gene variations in ME patients

I used to take it. I felt no difference at all I've tried lots of different vitamins/supplements over the years: nothing's made any difference to me
  5. ~Tatty~

Sorry, foggy brain. What do you mean? Could you rephrase it please
  6. ~Tatty~

An Introduction to the Microbiome and ME/CFS

I couldn't find it at first, but the podcast is there in the full list: "Gut Microbiota: Wed, 13 Nov 13"
  7. ~Tatty~

I'm having an "aha" moment. This is a helpful sentence to me. I thought I was pacing myself, but idiot that I am I've been doing it the wrong way round ~ I've been trying to do my best even on my worst days! eg, today I was too tired to read my book, so I set about trimming the garden hedge...
  8. ~Tatty~

ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor

I'm surrounded by my four dogs as I type. They all have to be touching me when they sleep, so I just use them as wrist rests when I'm on the laptop :D
  9. ~Tatty~

Need ideas for coping with pain post treadmill test

Warm bath is better than hot for the muscles, as well as hot making you feel all spinny & dizzy. I prefer a hard shower to a bath for my own pain (shoulders, upper back), I target the flow right at the sore bits. After that, I go on my inverting table for 5 mins which unclicks my back nicely, 5...