• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. PallasKat

Side effects from Famciclovir ?

Thank you Seven - actually, I started on 500mg of the Famiclovir just ONCE per day, and haven't changed it. I did have a follow up with my doc (Dr. Susan Levine, NYC) after one week and told her about the symptoms - she didn't advise me to go down to 250 mg. I started the LDN at 0.5 mg - and...
  2. PallasKat

Side effects from Famciclovir ?

Hello Everyone~ I haven't posted for a LONG TIME. I recently started on Famciclovir after finding out I that I have high levels of EBV. I have had ME/CFS/Fibro for approximately 10 years. I am taking 500 mg daily, it's been about 3 weeks. I am having trouble figuring out if these are actual...
  3. PallasKat

Ramping down on Cymbalta - any tips?

Thank you so much Shoshana for your kind words and encouragement! I have read, on other forums, that you CAN open the caps and adjust you dose of Cymbalta slightly here and there. The caps only come in doses of 20, 30 & 60mg. I do like your idea of upping it a bit on bad days, I hadn't thought...
  4. PallasKat

Ramping down on Cymbalta - any tips?

Hello Possums! I have not posted for several years - life got in the way....which actually sounds like a good thing when dealing with CFS/ME/Fibro.....right? I have been on Cymbalta for 7 years. It has vastly improved my life. It gave me to strength to re-enter the world of other human beings...
  5. PallasKat

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

This is really interesting to me too because, since I have had CFS/ME I have been able to drink very small amounts of vodka once in a while. I found this out after a LOT of trial and a LOT more error. AND, hard cider is MURDER. Before even finishing a bottle of hard cider, my body starts to...
  6. PallasKat

Strategies for managing night sweats?

I have been dealing with severe night sweats for over 6 years now....it has been really really hard. Like you, it first started several days per month before my period, but over time, it is now almost every night. I did do a sleep study recently (which I could only afford it since I qualified...
  7. PallasKat

Seattle, WA: Harborview Chronic Fatigue Clinic

Thank you @concerned_husband for posting this - I had a similar experience as you can read earlier in this thread. However, I was ordered an EXTENSIVE blood draw after my first appointment - for which I was billed over $1000.00!! I showed that bill to my wonderful PCP at the Polyclinic and she...
  8. PallasKat

Night Sweats

I recently bought a low-cost microfiber bath towel at Target - I bet that would be less likely to get "swamped" than a regular cotton towel - also, cotton gets chilly when wet. Microfiber wicks nicely too...just an idea :) P-Kat
  9. PallasKat

Hi Strawberry - thank you for asking! I'm not doing so great this summer, mainly because of over-commitments with work, visiting friends & family. Everyone decided to come to Seattle from out of town at the SAME TIME this year, so I had way way way to much obligatory socializing. Plus, as you...
  10. PallasKat

Tattoo pain - any ideas?

I can't believe it took me a year to see this. Anyway....tattoo in the armpit (!?!?) YOWWCCCCHHHH! I think that would hurt ANYONE...that's some tender, tender skin in there! I hope everything healed ok and is lovely, P-Kat:cat:
  11. PallasKat

Night Sweats

Hi @Jody 1980, I have had similar night-sweats for over 8 years! I really feel for you!! At first, I would only have them for about a week or so leading up to my period - then, once I had my period, they would subside for three weeks. I was 40ish when they started. Understandably my PCP first...
  12. PallasKat

Indian curry gives me a good nights sleep....why?

I have heard that Golden Milk (milk with turmeric, ginger and black pepper) is very nice for sleep - plus, it has a lovely name :) http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03511/Dr-Weil-Anti-Inflammatory-Golden-Milk.html :cat: P-kat
  13. PallasKat

Ok....so, at long last, here is an update on my experience at the CFS clinic at Harborview / UW. If you are considering trying to get an appointment.... ......See if you qualify for the Fibromyalgia Research Program at the UW FIRST ...
  14. PallasKat

Crashing after joyful get-togethers with family and friends

This was VERY helpful for me to read - thank you @Keela Too - it sounds like you have a hubbie who is "in tune" ! Best, x0 P-Kat
  15. PallasKat

Sleep attacks

This happens to me too - also between 1 and 4 or 5pm - but not usually after dinner. Just like @MikeJackmin I usually set my alarm for one hour - however, half the time end up sleeping up to two or three hours. I often feel it is my most restful sleep because, like you, I don't have the vivid...
  16. PallasKat

Thank you @ggingues - funny, I was just talking to my Mom about this. Your timing is amazing. I will look into it further. Warmly, P-Kat
  17. PallasKat

Wow @JAM - that is really interesting, thank you! I might give it a try....benadryl makes me pretty drowsy, but maybe a very small dose would help. What dosage do you take? P-Kat
  18. PallasKat

I am wondering if anyone else has this experience too: I tend to be rather reclusive, social situations make me exhausted and cause pain. This is the main reason why I cannot work full time surrounded by people or spend too much time with others (luckily, I can work from home now doing...
  19. PallasKat

Joint pain without redness or swelling

Yes - I have joint pain in knees, wrists, hands, feet, shoulder (which gets worse when smells and perfumes don't agree with me), jaw, low back and especially neck. The joint pain moves around daily. Sometimes, when I have a crash or flare up - everything hurts at once - it's not severe, but...
  20. PallasKat

Hello @formerpokerplayer, @KENNY-SILVERS, @CFS_for_19_years & @Strawberry ~ Thank you all so much for your responses! :) This is interesting: I tried calling Dr. Marty Ross this morning but their outgoing message didn't allow me to actually leave a message (!) then I tried to email them and...
  21. PallasKat

Thank you @EMilo & @WillowJ - my PCP has asked me to contact the Harborview Chronic Fatigue Clinic for consult, so this is very helpful information !! Best, P-Kat
  22. PallasKat

Hello @formerpokerplayer ! I found this thread while searching for the Harborview Chronic Fatigue Clinic (which is now UW medicine) which my PCP wants me to contact. I saw your comments about Dr. Marty Ross - and went to his website. I liked what I saw in his intake forms. Are you still seeing...
  23. PallasKat

Night Sweats and Exhausting Dreams?

Hi @minkeygirl! Yes :) I actually receive my Cymbalta directly from Eli Lilly through the Lilly True Assist program - Free of charge. The application process was not that hard - especially since I had two very good doctors advocating for me. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the...
  24. PallasKat

Tattoo pain - any ideas?

Hiya Pete! My choice of anti-inflammatory would be Advil liquid gel caps. If it were me, I would take 3 gel caps 30 minutes before you session. That is 600 mg - and be sure to drink lots of water. If you have stomach issues with your CFS/ME, you might want to explore something else - I have a...
  25. PallasKat

Tattoo pain - any ideas?

Hi Pete - A similar thing happened to me with acupuncture. I used to be able to tolerate the needles without barely noticing them - now, even the tiniest needle feels like an ice-pick - and my last treatment even caused a migraine! If it were me, (and I have a few tattoos), I would take an...
  26. PallasKat

Thank you soo much :cat:
  27. PallasKat

@Daffodil - that is really interesting about the antibiotics....I will pass that on to my doctor. It also seems that a Babesia test is in order too, which hasn't really come up before
  28. PallasKat

Thank you so much @Tired of being sick :) - I will give your system a try! I have found these fabulous light weight blankets that wick away the moisture and don't overheat. They are Calvin Klein Plush @ Amazon.com. I don't even bother using a top sheet anymore (since it just ends up sticking...
  29. PallasKat

Thank you so much @justy and @adreno ! Yes, my night-sweats started in my late thirties too - and became progressively worse - I am now 47. After blood tests, my doctor reported that my hormones were "normal" but that it still had to be perimenopause - we tried 2 different kinds of birth...
  30. PallasKat

Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum....but I have already learned so much from reading your posts :) My doctor and I just recently came to the conclusion that I have probably been suffering from CFS/ME for about 4+ years. We have been approaching my issues as though they were hormone-based...