• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. skyebean

Overmethylating but need supplements

O oofa! So sorry about my late reply! I usually take 1000 mgs three times a day, I could have sworn my taurine had b6 in it, but my NOW brand does not. Maybe I started with a different brand.
  2. skyebean

Thank you!!!!! It's amazing, and an accomplishment nobody else really understands (except my husband). Yes, it keeps my temps stable. I also started to get this pain in my liver, and it went away with taurine. It has also helped my sleep recover. ANNNNNND it has hugely calmed down my nervous...
  3. skyebean

I've noticed my temp is just higher when it's hotter - when it's going over. I've had to try other things, because my strategy stopped working. Interestingly, taurine has been the most effective long term solution, though not always perfect. I have made close to a full recovery. My sleep is...
  4. skyebean

Adenosyl B12: Driver of folate needs?

Hi Kathevans - I do take some in my b complex, but I don't think it's worth much taking it like that. I do occasional nibbles on my Jarrow 5000mcg sublinguals, because I don't want to get a deficiency....I'm really cautious about how much I take in this phase, though, because I've become...
  5. skyebean

Need lot's of folate, what's wrong?

Biohackers!!! I love this term!!!
  6. skyebean

Adenosyl B12: Driver of folate needs?

Okay, so.... I have a long backstory to this, but I have found that right now the biggest thing for me is balancing adeno b12 and methylfolate. After a long time of being terrified of methylfolate, and taking greater and greater amounts of niacin - that worked less and less well until it stopped...
  7. skyebean

Well, I'm not sure where to post this, but I have found the answer to the question I originally posted. When I first started treating my methylation I had just read Methyl Magic, and had added a methyl b12/folic acid/b6 (I figured out the folic acid issue pretty soon after that), sublingual...
  8. skyebean

Is CFS/Fibro just Thyroid Resistance?

@leela, which desiccated thyroid are you taking? Armour changed their formula a few years back, and a lot of people on it started getting hypo symptoms again. It made me feel like crap. Naturethroid worked great for me, though...
  9. skyebean

Infections and glutamine

That really helped me, too, in the beginning. I would take a bunch before and after workouts, and my body felt SO good. It also kept me from getting PEM after workout days. I'm super sensitive to any supplements now, so I can't take it anymore...but I loved it.
  10. skyebean

.:: Sustained-release Methylation Protocol (SRMP) ::.

@ahmo ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh...... peroxynitrite! Okay, well, I've one-clicked the FMN. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for the link. It was definitely helpful... :)
  11. skyebean

@Sherpa also, our pipes really leach copper. I had a noticeable improvement in strength after we got an RO filter. I def think I had/have a zinc-copper imbalance... That's why I want to be able to take more zinc. I like being able to smell again!
  12. skyebean

@Sherpa Thank you for your reply! I've had no tests other than the 23andme. I am very confused about what tests to take, especially because (at least with hair mineralization tests) I keep reading conflicting results about how accurate they are. I have an ND on my list to talk to, but I just...
  13. skyebean

I started taking methylation supplements last spring, and started experiencing improvements in my stamina and mood. TMG was especially helpful. I could take 1000 mgs at a time. The longer I have been taking methyl donor supplements, the less I can tolerate them....or rather, the more niacin I...
  14. skyebean

niacin questions

@ahmo, I found this http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cfs-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me/treatment-protocols/treating-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-and-fibromyalgia-the-no-oh-noo-theory-by-martin-pall-ph-d-part-i-the-theory There's a link at the bottom to the recommendations...
  15. skyebean

niacin questions

@Gondwanaland I started with 3000 mcg (that's one lozenge from Seeking Health). I decided to cut that in half after the first two days, because I suspected it might be making me too alert in the wee hours... :) Interesting for me, because I can take 5000mcgs of methylcobalamin right before bed...
  16. skyebean

niacin questions

@ahmo - so, neither hydroxy b12 nor methyl b12 did anything for this. In fact, I could take tons of either and it never contributed to feeling overmethylated, or much of anything else. I did Sterling's app, and the chart at the end showed that adeno b12 is a cofactor for the transulfuration...
  17. skyebean

Adeno B12 and transulfuration pathway

ohhhh.... Kreb's cycle...
  18. skyebean

okay @Valentijn, now I'm researching the citric acid cycle. I'm not worried about glutathione, but about why I'm so intolerant to methyl donors when they do me so much good. I was able to take higher doses of supps (especially TMG) when I started the process, though I'm feeling much better now...
  19. skyebean

@ahmo, thank you for pointing me toward aaron_c. What brand of malic acid were you taking? is that a form of magnesium? I was taking magnesium malate for awhile, and it said it had malic acid in it... What dose were you taking?
  20. skyebean

@caledonia @ahmo @Freddd Last Friday I put my 23andme results through Sterling's app, and got a ton of new info - most of which I don't know what to do with (but I'm researching). There are a few pages of these charts at the end of the report, and this one is for the transulfuration pathway...
  21. skyebean

Ammonia/sulfur issues or start-up...how does one know?

@mtayl2 Well, for me the first indicator is my body temperature. Once it's over 98.6 I know I'm on my way to worse symptoms. If I let it go, my inflammation flares, I start to feel paranoid and really irritable, low motivation. When I first posted, I had only tried the lemon water a couple of...
  22. skyebean

Oiy! I wish I could wrap my brain around it all, too... Thank you for sharing it with me, though, @ahmo.... It's really helpful. :)
  23. skyebean

@ahmo Thank you for that new info! A couple of questions: After reading the link you sent - the recommendation is NOT p-5-p, but B6 pyridoxine? I have had a good response to the B6 (when not over-whatever I'm doing). It's been helping me sleep. So, it makes sense that when I take too many...
  24. skyebean

Okay so... I have noticed that each time I 'overmethylate' the niacin works less and less..... I have gotten to the point of taking copious amounts for weeks at a time. Each time it gets worse. This past time my brain fog got so scary, and something clicked in my mind about ammonia. Also, I...
  25. skyebean

Treatments to Prevent Herpes Flares?

Lysine is amazing, and I recently found out that vitamin C serum stops the outbreaks in their tracks. Lots of vitamin C helps, as well...
  26. skyebean

New info from Ben Lynch - Preventing Methylfolate Side Effects

@caledonia, have you tried the liposomal glutathione? I'm considering it...... I was able to tolerate 500-1000 mcgs of methylfolate daily for the past couple of weeks, as well as my B12, bits of TMG, and D3 - while doing the CBS 'lite' and his Optimal Start. I've also been doing his Optimal...
  27. skyebean

I bought the Optimal Electrolyte, was going to send it back, and then I decided to try it after all. The taurine and ribose do make me a little nervous, too.. Trying it this morning. Hopefully it won't mess with my sleep after doing the CBS 'lite' thing for about a week.. We'll see..
  28. skyebean

So I started on the CBS 'lite' one week ago. The sulfur strips are holding at 800, so not a big change there. Three days ago I started adding in methylfolate - 250 mcgs, 500 mcgs, and then another 500 mcgs yesterday. Yesterday I also added in 250 mgs of NAC. What I am also doing is nibbling...
  29. skyebean

@caledonia, I just went back over his article. I've been doing molybdenum 500mcg and B1 50 mcgs for four days now. Yesterday I added Ben Lynch's Optimal Start, and didn't have any negative reaction. I just read that you should add in glutathione before methylfolate. I've got reduced...