• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

B12 low body temperature connection

Hello. I had a blood test done and get this results: Methyl Malonic Acid: 0,62 umol/L Ref: 0,08 – 0,56 umol/L B12: 997 pg/ml Ref: 211 – 911 pg/ml This results I get without supplementing b12. So I have High b12 and high MMA. My symptoms are fatigue, low body temperature and pain on legs...
  2. L

Hyper with Hypo symptoms?

UPDATE: Hello. These are my results from last blood test: Prolactin: 0,36 ng/ml Ref: 2,10 – 17,70 ng/ml Free T4: 1,72 ng/dl Ref: 0,70 – 1,80 ng/dl Free T3: 0,55 ng/dl Ref: 0,20 – 0,40 ng/dl So… PROLACTIN: In the blood test done in 05/26, my Prolactin was 41,09 ng/ml. I was taking...
  3. L

High methylmalonic acid (MMA) test result

Thanks’. But since I don’t get anxious, insomnia, but fell tired and sleepy, this is a symptom of under methylation instead of over methylation?
  4. L

High methylmalonic acid (MMA) test result

Hello. I did the serum methylmalonic acid(MMA) test and it comes at 0,62 umol/L, Ref: 0,08 – 0,56. So, my MMA is out of range. Serum B12 comes at 997 pg/ml, without suplemention, and Homocysteine at 4,7 umol/L. Folic acid at 21,3 ng/ml. Is this a diagnosis of active b12 deficiency? I have...
  5. L

"Gabapentin increases serotonin concentrations in human whole blood, which may be relevant to neurobehavioral actions" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9551785 Thank's to Dr. Google!!
  6. L

C-Protein results: C- protein : 85 % Ref: 70 - 150%
  7. L

Hello. My serotonin results come very high: 367,4 ng/ml Ref: 30 – 200 ng/ml Gabapentin can increase serotonin? Also, whit my high Ferritin and low transferrin, I can have hemochromatosis (iron overload). I will investigate whit a doctor. Still wanting for my MMA results to se if I had a...
  8. L

More results: DHEA: 14,5 ng/ml Ref: 3 – 11 ng/ml Hun, high DHEA and high prolactin??
  9. L

Cycloset: Cortisol: https://www.facebook.com/drjackkruse/posts/516027165128309 "Remember the cycloset is made for increasing AM cortisol......Works awesome and is a great way to stop taking hydrocortisone in LR states or in Adrenal fatigue"...
  10. L

My Cholesterol results: Total Cholesterol: 152 mg/dl HDL: 48 mg/dl LDL: 93 mg/dl Triglycerides : 55 mg/dl I eat 6 whole eggs a day, haha!! Plans of action: I have some options for treating adrenal fatigue: Cycloset ( increasing dopamine, cortisol and lowering prolactin) Pregnenolone...
  11. L

Ops, forget to mention that cooper was tested too and comes: 89,70 ug/dl Ref: 70 – 140 ug/dl So, its normal.
  12. L

My Folic Acid levels in this blood test comes: 21,3 ng/ml Ref: > 5,38 ng/ml Get my zinc results and comes: 138,00 ug/dl Ref: 72,6 – 127,0 ug/dl Zinc comes a little high, but I will not worry about, better this than be deficient. Looking of symptoms of high or low cortisol, I think that in...
  13. L

Hello. Yesterday I didn’t take any NDT and survived. So I am already off this. Today, I take 350 mg of Mucuna to see if I raise my dopamine. Until now, no effect. I don’t think that I had anemia, since my serum iron and ferritin is high, only transferrin is low. I think the real problem maybe...
  14. L

Hello. Thank you very much for your help. Since I had fatigue whit a low body temperature, I began to think that I was hypothyroid, so became to take NDT. Whit half a grain feels great for 2 days, than after became fatigued again, so I keeping increasing the dose whit no temperature changes...
  15. L

More results: Total Testosterone : 790 ng/dl Ref: 241 - 827 ng/dl SHBG: 88,1 nmol/L Free Testosterone: 8,67 ng/dl Bioavailable Testosterone: 203,21 ng/dl Vit D: 78,4 ng/ml Cortisol Basal : 18,6 ug/dl Ref: 4,0 – 22,00 ug/dl Transferrin : 196 mg/dl Ref: 215-365 mg/dl Something is wrong: How can...
  16. L

Hello. Male, 37 years old, whit fatigue and brain fog. Did a blood test and get some results: Prolactin: 41,09 ng/ml Ref: 2,10 - 17,70 TSH: 0,015 uui/ml Ref: 0,40 - 4,30 Free T3: 0,80 ng/dl Ref: 0,20 - 0,40 Serum Iron: 110 ug/dl Ref: 65 – 175 Ferritin: 313 ng/ml Ref: 22 - 322...
  17. L

Child with autism 23andme results

Hello. This is the Genetic Genie Methylation Profile using 23andme results of my son, a 9 years old boy with moderate autism. His symptoms are OCD, anxiety, sound sensitivity (manly for babies crying and drill), hyperactivity, attention deficit disorder and only sleeps with melatonin (and even...